Ch. 1: Hello?

The light peaks through the slits in the shutters. Morning floods in like fog, covering the room in warm beams of sunlight. I yawn, stretch, sit up, and lazily toss the sheets to the side. My eyes struggle to open, but once I can see without being blinded, I look to my side and spot her. I smile and admire her for a good minute, when she coughs and rubs her eyes. She flickers them open and smiles at me.

"Oh...morning, Quinn. How'd you sleep?" She manages to slur as she yawns. She rubs her eyes once more and I scoot closer next to her. I lay on my side and kiss the tip of her nose softly. I rest my forehead against hers and I smile.

"Morning Val. I slept good; I didn't wake up once," I breathed as my lips peck at hers slowly and softly. I feel her smile against my lips and pull me into a deeper kiss. Val pulls away and we both sit up.

"What do you want for breakfast?" She starts to say as we get out of bed. We walk down stairs and I find Val's hand gravitate toward mine and I hold it softly. "I can make some eggs or we can just have some cereal and coffee," She starts to sound excited once she lazily giggles the word coffee.

Val hops off the second to last step and laughs to herself. I grin and rush towards her, hugging her waist and kissing her neck gently. She makes a small noise and fidgets around. I let her go and laugh.

Val goes on to pour some Lucky Charms for her and Cinnamon Toast Crunch for me. I give her a peck on her nose and we eat.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐