Chapter 1

My POV

Frisk did it again. They freed the monster from the underworld. . .again. They lost count of how many times they freed the monsters and killed them. They sighed and Chara spoke up. "So, Frisk. You ready for another reset?" Frisk nodded slightly and hit the 'Reset' button. Everything became black and everything and everyone went back to their usual places in the underworld and most memories were erased, except for Sans and Flowey. When he woke up he was upset to find himself in his room. He sighed and laid back down. 'Another reset another loop.'

~In the ruins~

As a human landed in the flowers, some of the flowers flew up into the air and landed softly onto the cold floor of the cave. A fit of coughing soon ensue and the human sat up. They looked around looking at the cave walls and soon up at the long hole they had fallen through. They slowly got up and found a hallway. They walked down it and found a completely black room with a small area with light. As they walked to it a flower popped up but it seemed annoyed. "So, ho many times are you going to do this?" The human was confused but then the flower started yelling at the human. "IS THIS A GAME TO YOU? YOU COMING UP WITH DIFFERENT 'ENDS' AND THEN RESETING?!" This startled the human greatly but once the flower calmed down the human sets into the small amount of light. As the flower looked up though he was shocked of what the was seeing. "I'm sorry but. . .what are you talking about?" The flower didn't respond just stared at the new human. This human had (H/l) (H/c) hair, (E/c) eyes, and (S/c) skin. They were also wearing black overalls with a black and white stripped t-shirt on underneath and (F/c) sneakers. As the flower collected this new information he looked back up at the human. "Your not Frisk." Before the new human could question the flower further a fire ball hit the small flower and the flower disappeared.

Now the startled human backed up as a tall goat lady came into view. "What a terrible creature, torturing such a poor, innocent youth. . ." The human didn't do anything but stood there, with wide eyes. They didn't know either to run or stay but due to what just happened, their body wouldn't move. Then the goat lady looked down at the human and smiled. "Ah, do not be afraid, my child. I am Toriel, caretaker of the Ruins." The human slightly calmed down but they kept their guard up not knowing Toriels true intensions. "I pass through this place every day to see if anyone has fallen down. You are the first human to come here in a long time. What is your name, my child?" The human hesitated but soon replied. "My name is, (Y/n). Miss Toriel." Toriel smiled another sweet smile and held out one of his paws for (Y/n) to take. "Come! I will guide you through the catacombs." (Y/n) slowly took Toriels paw and smiled at Toriel. "This way."

As (Y/n) followed Toriel into a mostly purple room, they saw a yellow star nearby. They let go of Toriels hand and walked to the star. But once they touched it they heard a voice in their head that said. "The shadows of the ruins looms above, filling you with determination." Then a strange noise sounded through the purple room before the star was gone. (Y/n) blinked for a moment but then climbed the stairs where Toriel waited for them. Then they entered another purple room only this room was smaller, had a lever, a door, a sign, and some gray tiles. "Welcome to your new home, (Y/n). Allow me to educate you in the operation of the Ruins." Then Toriel went over to the gray tiles and pressed four of them, then pulling the lever opening the door. Toriel came back over to (Y/n) who watched Toriel do the 'puzzle'. "The Ruins are full of puzzles. Ancient fusions between diversion and doorkeys. One must solve them to move from room to room. Please adjust yourself to the sight of them." (Y/n) nodded and Toriel left the room for (Y/n) to follow them. As (Y/n) walked to the door they decided to see what the sign beside the door said, 'Only the fearless may proceed. Brave ones, foolish ones. Both walk not the middle road.' (Y/n) titled their head in confusion but didn't want Toriel to keep waiting so they entered the next room.