Chapter 6

My POV

(Y/n) smiled as they continued their way through the snow. They played a bit of a game that involved them kicked and giant snowball into a goal, they made Papyrus happy once more saying Junior Jumble was harder than Crossword, they came across yet another dog monster names Lesser dog. They had fun petting the dog even if it's neck got longer as they grew more excited. (Y/n) soon ran into two more dog monster that were actually a couple. (Y/n) had them believe that they were a dog and even got to pet both of the dogs. They both left happy.

And now (Y/n) had came across the next puzzle. They read a sign that said, 'Turn every X into a O. Then press the switch.' (Y/n) did just that and stood on the switch. The spikes went down and they finally noticed Papyrus standing there. Papyrus turned around seeing his trip was disabled and saw (Y/n). "WHAT!? HOW DID YOU AVOID MY TRAP? AND, MORE IMPORTANTLY. . .IS THERE ANY LEFT FOR ME???" (Y/n) though for a moment trying to figure out what Papyrus meant and then it clicked. 'The spaghetti!' They didn't want to tell Papyrus that they were able to get the spaghetti off the table and buried it deep in the snow. But they just smiled and looked at Papyrus. "I actually ate it all. I'm sorry. If I known you wanted some I would have left you some." Papyrus seemed happy with this answer and came up to (Y/n). "REALLY!? WOWIE. . .NO ONE'S EVER ENJOYED MY COOKING BEFORE. . ." (Y/n) face saddened feeling bad for Papyrus. "Maybe. . .! I could teach you some tricks! That way, EVERYBODY will love your cooking." Papyrus eye sockets sparked and he got closer to (Y/n). "REALLY? YOU WOULD HELP ME GET BETTER?!" "Of course. That's what friends are for. . .right?" Papyrus seemed like he was about to explode as he brought (Y/n) into a bone crushing hug. "OH, THANK YOU, HUMAN (Y/N)! YOU ARE TRUELY A WONDERFUL FRIEND!" (Y/n) hugged Papyrus and soon the hug ended. "WELL THEN!! YOU BETTER GET GOING AS I HAVE MORE TRAPS THAT WILL HOPEFULLY DEFEAT YOU!" And Papyrus was off. 

(Y/n) followed and found themselves standing in front of a larger puzzle of the puzzle they just did. Papyrus walked behind them and started speaking. "HUMAN! HMMM. . .HOW DO I SAY THIS. . .YOU WERE TAKING A LONG TIME TO ARRIVE, SO. . .I DECIDED TO IMPROVE THIS PUZZLE. . .BY ARRANGING THE SNOW TO LOOK MORE LIKE MY FACE!" (Y/n) chuckled and looked down at the snowy and X marked ground, but it was hard, almost impossible to tell it was suppose to be Papyrus's face. "UNFORUNATELY, THE SNOW FROZE TO THE GROUND. NOW THE SOLUTION IS DIFFERENT! AND, AS USUAL, MY LAZY BROTHER IS NOWHERE AROUND. I SUPPOSE WHAT I AM SAYING IS. . .WORRY NOT, HUMAN!" As Papyrus got into a pose a cold breeze came threw. (Y/n) slightly shivered as all they were wearing was their black overalls, their black and white turtle neck, and their (F/c) sneakers. They wrapped their arms around their body but listen to Papyrus. "I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, WILL SLOVE THIS CONUNDRUM! THEN WE CAN BOTH PROCEED! MEANWHIL, FEEL FREE TO TRY THE PUZZLE YOURSELF! I'LL TRY NOT TO GIVE AWAY THE ANSWER!!!" (Y/n) looked back at the puzzle and smiled.

~30 minutes later~

(Y/n) huffed as they were catching their breath. They tried to finish the puzzle over 100 times but still couldn't figure it out. Papyrus walked over and sat by (Y/n) in the snow. "WOWIE (Y/N). YOU ARE TRUELY A PUZZLE PASSIONEER! DO YOU NEED HELP THOUGH?!" Just then (Y/n) shot up with a wide eyed expression. "That's it! Papyrus, why don't we both do the puzzle. Then we might actually be about to figure it out!" Papyrus stood up with a excited smile. "THAT IS A AMAZING IDEA, (Y/N)! LETS DO IT!" (Y/n) stood up to and they both went to figure out to puzzle. After a few tries they were able to finally figure it out. (Y/n) stepped onto the switch and the spikes went down. "WOW!!! WE SOLVED IT!! AND WITH MY HELP WE DID IT! I ACTUALLY HELPED! INCREDIBLE! I'M IMPRESSED!! YOU MUST CARE ABOUT PUZZLES LIKE I DO! WELL, I'M SURE YOU'LL LOVE THE NEXT PUZZLE THEN! IT MIGHT EVEN BE TOO EASY FOR YOU!!" "Thank you, Papyrus. But if you put up the puzzle, I know it has to be at least a bit of a challenge." Papyrus started doing his cute laugh, as (Y/n) joined him. Papyrus then ran off to the next puzzle. (Y/n) soon came over where the spikes use to be, only to find Sans. "You did a good job of solving that puzzle, with my brother. It's great to see him this happy." (Y/n) smiled and thanked Sans. They then walked to the next area.

(Y/n) came up to a small bridge. I front of them was a large pixilated ground, and Papyrus and Sans on the other side of this pixilated path. Papyrus notice them and grinned. "HEY! IT'S (Y/N)! YOU'RE GONNA LOVE THIS PUZZLE! IT WAS MADE BY THE GREAT DR. ALPHYS!" 'Who is Alphys? I guess I'll meet them later on.' (Y/n) just smiled and listened to what Papyrus was saying. "YOU SEE THESE TILES!?" (Y/n) looked at the floor and nodded and looked back up at Papyrus. "I sure do!" "GREAT! BUT ONCE I THROW THIS SWITCH. . .THEY WILL BEGIN TO CHANGE COLOR! EACH COLOR HAS A DIFFERENT FUNCTION!

RED TILES ARE IMPASSABLE! YOU CANNOT WALK ON THEM!
YELLOW TILES ARE ELECTRIC! THEY WILL ELECTROCUTE YOU!
GREEN TILES ARE ALARM TILES! IF YOU STEP ON THEM. . .YOU WILL HAVE TO FIGHT A MONSTER!! 
ORANGE TILES ARE ORANGE-SCENTED. THEY WILL MAKE YOU SMELL DELICIOUS!
BLUE TILES ARE WATER TILES! SWIM THROUGH IF YOU LIKE, BUT. . .IF YOU SMELL LIKE ORANGES! THE PIRANHAS WILL BITE YOU.
ALSO, IF A BLUE TILE IS NEXT TO A, YELLOW TILE, THE WATER WILL ALSO ZAP YOU!
PURPLE TILES ARE SLIPPERY! YOU WILL SLIDE TO THE NEXT TILE! HOWEVER, THE SLIPPERY SOAP. . .SMELLS LIKE LEMONS!! WHICH PIRANHAS DO NOT LIKE!
PURPLE AND BLUE ARE OK!
FINALLY, PINK TILES. THEY DON'T DO ANYTHING. STEP ON THEM ALL YOU LIKE.

HOW WAS THAT!? UNDERSTAND???" (Y/n) stood there with wide eyes, their smile was gone and they looked at the tiles. They were afraid that this puzzle WILL actually harm them. Or maybe even worst, they'll die. But they just agreed not wanting to hurt Papyrus's feelings. "GREAT!! THEN THERE'S ONE LAST THING. . .THIS PUZZLE. . .IS ENTIRELY RANDOM!!!!!!" "Great. . .that's lovely." For once (Y/n) was actually starting to loose determination. They didn't believe that they would live through this one. Yes, they got through the others but that was just luck. But here was now something they believe will actually kill them. "WHEN I PULL THIS SWITCH, IT WILL MAKE A PUZZLE. . .THAT HAS NEVER BEEN SEEN BEFORE! NOT EVEN I WILL KNOW THE SOLUTION! NYEH HEH HEH! GET READY. . .!" (Y/n) shut their eyes as Papyrus flipped the switch. They could barely see the colors shine and flicker to different colors. Soon (Y/n) realized that the colors stopped changing. They slowly opened their eyes and looked down at the pixelated floor to see. . .a straight pink path, with red off to the side. There was no other colors in sight only the two. Silence filled the air. Papyrus had a puzzled look on his face, he then started spinning out of no where and left. 

(Y/n) stared wide eyed at the pink tiles. They made their way across and got back safely back onto the snow. Sans was looked the way Papyrus left and started to slight snicker. "Actually, that spaghetti from earlier. . ." He turned around with his usual grin only for it to fall slightly seeing (Y/n) on their knees, looking down at the ground, and was crying. Sans immediately became worried and got on one knee having (Y/n) look up at him. "H-Hey! What's wrong, kid?" "I-I. . .I thought I was going to-to-to die! I was so wor-worried that the puzzle would a-actually work." Sans eye sockets lowered making a saddened expression. He though of what to do and decided on doing what he did with his brother when Papyrus was upset. Sans wrapped his boney arms around (Y/n) and pulled them into a hug. He rubbed their back, as he aloud (Y/n) to cry into his shoulder.

After a good 5-10 minutes (Y/n) calmed down and back off of Sans. "You feeling better now kid?" "Y-Yeah. Thanks Sans." Sans smiled once again got up. "Come on, I'm just gonna take you to Snowdin." (Y/n) nodded even if they didn't know exactly what Snowdin was, or is. They got up ready to follow Sans but Sans pulled (Y/n) close to him and (Y/n) could feel themselves being lifted off the ground and a slight bit of pain. They gripped Sans tightly but soon they could feel the ground again. "We're here." (Y/n) opened their eyes and was met to the sight of a small town. Monsters were walking around, talking, and just enjoying themselves. "Where are we?" "Heh, welcome to Snowdin, (Y/n). There's also a sign right next to ya." (y/n) looked to their left to see a sight that read the exact same thing Sans had just said. "Hey, I got to talk to someone. Why don't you go and talk to some of the other monsters here? They love to welcome a new comer with open arms." (Y/n) smiled and left Sans to talk with some of the monsters here, and maybe find a place to stay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 1643