[Chapter 1] Surfing is boring

[07/13/2017] - It's a sunny and beautiful day in California. It's summer vacation and 16-year-old Victoria is alone with her friend Melinda on vacation for the first time. Before their senior year, the two wanted to treat themselves to a really nice break to relax. Melinda has booked a beautiful hotel right by the sea for 2 weeks, but not to relax, no - she really wants to improve her surfing career and eventually become a professional. Viki loves to look at the sea, enjoy the sun and lie on the beach. It's the second day of vacation. Music sounds "levels". "Vik, come here, Mel is calling from the sea -Viki is coming- hey, what are you doing? Why are you not in the water? Mh I don't know, I prefer to look at the sea. Swimming is not my thing. "" Vik, we are at the sea to enjoy the break and so that I can improve my surfing career, and you avoid the water? Why b- [a great wave rises in the water] I'll grab her! "Says Melinda and quickly disappears into the waves again." I should just rent a boat and get out to sea, "says Viki. Ready, a little gray boat, snorkeling gear
and Viki on the sea.Viki takes the boat out to sea, the sun is slowly fading, but there is still enough good weather for snorkeling. "Well, water, I'm not afraid!" she said and jumped off the boat. She saw beautiful fish and coral reefs, which lifted her spirits. Everything was just beautiful and perfect, like in a movie. "That's actually really great." Much better than surfing because surfing is boring. "While the little gray boat floats on the water, the sun begins to disappear more and more. You'd think it was about to start raining, but the weather forecast didn't say that beforehand. Viki is wet in the water anyway and looks at the fish while snorkeling, she doesn't notice that the first raindrops are slowly falling from the sky, like suddenly the whole sun had disappeared and she got more and more water in her windpipe. No, this is my first Own vacation of mine and I won't let it spoil me! "She said while she had to stay afloat. She tried to swim to the boat, which was just too far away now." Oh crap, what shit! "But Viki wasn't the only one who wanted to go to the boat. A creature with beautiful, curly, long, brown hair was sticking out of the water. She managed to swim to the boat and hold it. Viki didn't even notice, which is why the creature took the chance to look into the boat. In the boat were black and gold Versace sunglasses that Viki had received from her mother for her 16th birthday. '' That is definitely valuable! "Viki heard someone say. She was afraid to die and call for help. I think I got too much water. ", She muttered shortly before she finished it. It got tight for her, the waves got stronger and stronger and it started to thunder. what she had just seen, maybe it was just in her head, but it was bronze, scaly, glittery, and fin-shaped. It can't be, never. Viki passed out until she was finally almost completely submerged. But before that could happen, she was grabbed and put on her boat. The mouth-to-mouth resuscitation should bring her back to life. Before she opened her eyes, the supposedly scaly creature put a chain around her neck. She said a few words and Viki changed. She opened her eyes and jumped up and coughed the water out of her lungs, who, where and how ?! she wondered. How could I survive that? "" You didn't. "Came a voice. Viki started screaming. She had no idea what was wrong with her or what was going on. "Who the hell are you? And what did you do to me " Hey, uhm I saved your live with my chain. If I havent give you this you have finshid. But I owe you that because I stole you beutiful glasses thing. " YOU HAVE WHAT?! "" Oops, but them was too beautiful. It fits my fin. "" Fin? What the hell are you." "Right, uhm I'm a mermaid and you wouldn't be here anymore if I would have decided not to give up my fin for a while, but that's okay, I gladly did. And Im happy I did it for you. Oh, and by the way, I'm Theresa. "