The fine art of bullshit | 001

"Isn't it strange how people change?"

Song: Strange -Celeste

"Could we have been something more if we just had a little more time?"

***

"From strangers to friends, friends into lovers, to strangers again."

Soft music played through my apartment as I sat down on the couch with a book in one hand and a cup of tea in the other.
It was my one night off, the first night off i've had in awhile and I planned to do some relaxing.
I found my way to the corner of my large L couch and wrapped a blanket around me.
The rain was falling outside, the weather cool, a perfect night to shut everything out and not look over my shoulder.
I sighed, flipped the pages open to where I had left off last, and started reading. I wasn't very far in when there was a light knock at my door.
Immediately I was on guard wondering who it could be. Not my boss, not my family, nor any of my friends.
I set my things down, untangling from my position and slowly walked to the door. I waited right next to it with my ear pressed against the cool wood. I didn't hear anything which just made me more on edge. I grabbed my gun and returned to my position with my hand on the door handle. Slowly, tentatively, I turned it. I swung open the door, gun raised ready to shoot whoever was a threat. I was taken aback. Nothing could have prepared me for the sight I was seeing. I looked him up and down. The same boy, older, but the same. Same green eyes and brown curly hair. Same posture.
"Hey" he said softly. Same raspy voice. It felt like every emotion hit me like a semi truck. Anger, loathing, hatred, longing, hurt. It took me a second to gather my wits before speaking.
"You're supposed to be dead"

***

I wipe my forehead trying to get a better shot.
"Are you going to take it or do i need to come rescue you sargent" I hear in my earpiece.

Ryker (sargeant)55% an assassin 20% sarcastic 20% a juice box and cereal lover 5% will make you cry 100% psychotic

Ryker (sargeant)
55% an assassin
20% sarcastic
20% a juice box and cereal lover
5% will make you cry
100% psychotic