Chapter 5 : Testing of Faith.

Destiny

I can't believe im here packing to go back to Atlanta already. Three weeks run by so fast.But I cant complain.We did alot and had a lot of fun.Im even leaving with three more suitcases than what I came with.Good thing we came on our private jet and not a public plane.

Placing the clothes neatly in his suitcase I was packing for him, I notice my fingers were bare.Where are my rings? My old wedding and engagement rings are always on my right hand.

"Baby have you seen my rings?" I call out to him.Hes in the bathroom, brushing his teeth.

"What rings?" He talks with a mouth full of toothpaste. Peaking throught the bathroom door.

"My old wedding rings.I dont have them on? -and I don't remember taking them off " I pout.

Brandon shrugs.Turning to empty his mouth in the sink and looking back in my direction.

"I don't know baby.Look on the bed, under it, all that"He dismisses.

Okay then, thanks for your help punk.
I roll my eyes and started dismantling the bed looking for my rings.
I searched under the bed, the sheets, the side tables, the dresser, dismattles my jewelry box and nothing.

Brandon walks out the bathroom, fully dressed a polo button down, blue jeans and a pair of black and blue 23's.

I was dressed in something similar, blue polo button down that I tied at the last three buttons, blue ripped jeans and my jordan black 23's.I was showing my pretty tummy today, haven't done that in a while.I didnt tie the blouse above my scar though.I still am insecure about it.Its just so ugly.
I still can't find my rings!

I let my hair out of the scrungy it was in, letting it fall to one side.
I growl throwing back the clothes in my suitcase.
Brandon studied me, eyebrows raised.

"Found em?" He asks, coming to help me repack the clothes.

"No" I groan. " I've looked everywhere...maybe the maid stole it"

"Com'on now baby that's a big accusation"

"Well I dont have it, I know you aint took it, so what we have a ghost thief now?" I sigh.

Brandon laughs.

"Isn't funny Brandon" I grumble.

He laughs, coming behind me, holding my from the back.He kisses my neck.

"Aww baby, don't be mad.Maybe its a sign" He kisses my neck again and resumes helping me back.

A sign? Like what?

"A sign?"

"Yea like...God tryna tell you to lose all that bullshit you still got in yo heart"

I was quiet.Stuffing, folding and wrapping clothes in the suitcases.

Maybe he was right.But those rings could feed Atlanta's poor plus some.I cant lose 'em.I EARNED THEM, if nothing else, I know I earned those rings out of that marriage.I took nothing else from Nyjah. Just those rings, and I have got to find them. I had left them the night I left Ny, but after our divorce, they were pretty much the only thing I asked for.

Before leaving the hotel.I filed a report that my rings have been stolen.I dont know-how, but they're gone and I have a jet waiting on me, and I miss my babies so i dont wanna stay back another day so they can give me the results of their sweep.I gave them my number and email to contact me if anything.

This drive feels like it wont end, and Brandon is fast asleep in my lap.

I caress the side of his face, skimming his tattooed arm with my eyes.Its such a meaningful art piece on his arm. Its a rosary chain, in a clasped hand, vines of bible verses and Mary, mother of God.
Brandon really loves his God, and he really loves art...
Probably the most two absolute things about him.