All I know is you

Waking up, smelling the smell of a locked-up room that hasn't been used for weeks or months.

"Where am I?" I mumbled softly.
"In the hospital." A nurse suddenly spoke.
Being shocked I took a deep breath and replied, "Oh, I see."
"You're a lot calmer than I thought you'd be." She said.
"Maybe because it still feels unreal."
"Or maybe because you don't remember a thing."

It took a big shock from me. I tried to remember what exactly happened. Why I'm in the hospital. Where is my family, no who even is my family? Wait, who even am I? I started to panic.

"Hey, you alright?" The nurse asked.
"Yea, just shocked." I replied.
"Well then, let me introduce myself."
She continued "I am Nurse Yuu, Yuu Koito. Nice to meet you."
"Nice to meet you, I am.." I paused for a minute.
"You are Touko. Touko Nanami."
"Ah, so I am... Touko Nanami."
"Yes, and here is what you were left in the car accident."
"Car accident?"
"Yes, a sudden car hit you on the road while you were walking, and we had found this phone with you." Continuing, "Oh and you have a case of amnesia due to the car accident."
"Oh..." I said as I calm down.

I wanna know who I was in the past. What kind of person Touko Nanami is.

"Hey" I said suddenly.
"Hmm?" She replied.
"Is it possible to know who and what kind of a person I was in the past?" I asked desperately.
"Well if you're gonna ask me I wouldn't know a thing. Why not try checking your phone for notes? Or maybe pictures?" She insisted.
"Good Idea, Thanks Nurse Koito."
"No problem at all, glad to be helping you Nanami." She continued, "Also, you can just call me by my first name."
"Ah, thank you Yuu, you may also call me by my first name."
"I see, Touko." She smiled dearly.

Looking at her, she is kind and beautiful.

I looked at the phone to see some pictures maybe or perhaps notes from my past self. No use, it had a password of course.

"Uhm, the phone has a password... is there any other way to know my past self?" I asked.
"Hmm... Oh! Right, try asking the people who visit you, your family, girlfriend, and classmate maybe?"
"Girlfriend?" I asked with a little confusion.
"Yes, you have a girlfriend."
"Ohh, I see."

I look at her having hope again.

"That might actually work. Thank you again Yuu!" I said with a big smile.

She looked at me being kind of shocked, but she smiled back at me and left.
I looked outside the window and enjoyed the sun set.
That's when I hear someone knocking at the door.

"Come in!" I said.
They opened the door and what I saw was a beautiful woman bringing flowers.

"Oh! Thank you for visiting."
"Oh no no, it's nothing really, I wanted to visit you as well." She replied.
"Not to be rude but you aree?" I asked softly.
"I'm Sayaka Saeki, your girlfriend, nice to meet you Touko!" She smiled.

I was kind of shocked though, I didn't expect her to call me by my first name already but oh well she was my girlfriend after all, so I guess it'd be fine, but I didn't expect for her to visit so soon as well.

"Ah, Nice to meet you Saeki!" I said with a smile.
"Feel free to call me by my first name."
"Oh... sure."

With the atmosphere being awkward I really wanted to ask her how I was like back then, but another knock at the door came.

"Come in" I said.

I saw two persons, who identified themselves as a classmate and my little brother.

"Nice to meet you..."
"Is something the matter?" Sayaka asked.
"Well, I've been wanting to ask you guys how I was like in the past..."
Then Nurse Yuu knocks at the door and asked, "May I come in?"
"Yeah" I said.
She looked inside the room and realized that we were having some talk about how I was in the past.

"Oh, Is this the wrong timing?" She asked awkwardly.
"No, you can stay." I replied.
"I see, thank you."

Then that's when my classmate, Suguru Doujima, started talking, "Everyone depended on you. You always smiled and you were nice to everyone... Everyone is waiting for you to come back."

My brother, Seiji Maki, continued, "You weren't at home often. I can't even remember the last time we had a real conversation."

Then my girlfriend, Sayaka Saeki, also continued, "You were never like that in front of others, but with me you were a girl who cried easily and loved to be spoiled."

Suguru started talking again, "You were the ideal girl that everyone looked up to."

I replied, "Is there such a thing as a perfect person? Maybe I was just desperately trying to act that way at school." the atmosphere getting a little suffocating. Everyone looked at me with shock.

Seiji spoke and said, "You must have been showing your true feelings at home. There's no need to pretend to be a cool, aloof person, is there?"

"I wonder... By isolating myself, maybe I helped you and our parents to have a peaceful household. You might also say I was just playing the role they wanted for me." With a little tensed tone.

Seiji looking extremely shocked with what I had said... I may have hurt him but I'm just..... desperate.. to know myself... aren't I? Becoming more confused and tensed.

Sayaka spoke, "With me, you always laid bare all your weaknesses."

"Just because I was weak, doesn't mean I was showing my true self. Maybe I acted weak and said I could only be this way around you, because it made you happy."

Everyone in the room being completely shocked by my words... It was quiet for a while.

"What else?? More than these three people, there might be others who know more sides to me. I put on a different mask for each person and now I don't know who I was under the mask and now I will never know!"

Slightly sweating, running after my breath, I need more. More answers.

The atmosphere inside the room was completely tense now. With that everyone said goodbye's for now. So did Nurse Yuu.

I took a nap for now, I was tired. I couldn't even figure out who I really was.

Falling into a deep sleep, I heard someone open the door, I couldn't see who it was I was still sleepy and wanted to continue sleeping so I let it be for now.

Waking up, I hear someone open the door again. Ah, it was Nurse Yuu.

"Excuse me... Oh my, you've woken up! I'll call the doctor!"
"Oh..." I said.
She paused and asked me, "Are you okay?"
I replied, "I can't remember anything. I don't know what sort of person I am, or anything.. Nurse Yuu, I'm scared." Continuing, "I don't know who I am... What sort of person am I??"

"I don't know." She calmingly said which relieved me in some way.
"If you don't know, then what should I do?" I started to panic again.
"Let's see... You did ask everyone who came to visit you how you were in the past, but depending on the person, they may have impressions that are quite different." She paused and continued, "You might of heard many versions of yourself and choose one."
"If that happens, then who should I..." with the tone of being anxious.
She cut me off and said, "Do you really have to choose?"
"Eh?" I said in shock.
She continued, "I only know the person you've been since you came here. But I know your quirks. Your favorite books and the color of flowers you like best."
I started to look at her with my eyes shining with rays of hope.
She held my shoulders and looked straight into my eye and said, "All I know is you."
Losing those rays of hope in my eyes. I started to say, "I have to choose someone... After all, I have lost my memory. I have nothing." In a miserable tone.
She let go of my shoulders and said, "Is that so?" in a sad tone.
"Yes." I replied.
"But..." she continued as a knock on the door cut her off.