Chapter 7

You woke up and left your room, only to find Deimos in tears sitting at the table. Sanford tries to comfort him.

"What's going on?" You ask, worried.

"*sniff* Doc turned off the wifiiiiiiiiii." Deimos cried. You completely forgot about that.

"We had it on a lot longer than normal and Doc started to get worried," Sanford explained.

"Why did he have the wifi on in the first place if it's a safety hazard?" You question as you sat down at the table.

"He likes to keep up to date with his information, even though his computer is ancient." Sanford joked. Deimos giggled and continued to cry. Sanford got up and started cooking as you were now in charge of comforting Deimos.

"Hank, I need your assista-" Doc opened the door to a crying Deimos, You comforting said crying Deimon, and Sanford making food.

"Sorry, Doc. Hank isn't here right now." Sanford says as he puts food on the table for the three of you. Doc sighs.

"I thought so. I really need to have a word with him about this odd behaviour. And Deimos, stop crying. You'll get the wifi back soon. I just want to test the waters."

"Why do you need to turn off the wifi to test the water?!" Deimos wailed. You were also confused.

"It's a figure of speech, Deimos. It means Doc wants to see if anything will change if we're not using the wifi. If everything works out, he'll turn it back on." Sanford explains. Deimos slowly stopped crying from the news.

"If you needed help, I could assist." You offered. You had nothing to do today and you've been planning to talk to Doc anyway.

"That would be great. I'll wait for you down in the lab. Join me when you finish eating your breakfast." Doc exclaimed and returned to the lab.

Doc went back into the lab and the three of you ate.

"I can't believe you volunteered to help Doc. I usually have to be dragged down there." Deimos joked.

"It can't be that bad, can it?" You ask.

"It's not bad. Just scary. Doc can be very scary." Deimos shudders. Sanford chuckles.

You finish up with our food and head down to the lab, where Doc was typing on the computer. Did he always do that? What was he even typing?

"About time." He said. He stopped typing and turned to you. "Now then, I need to ask you a few questions."

"Huh? I thought you needed me to do something?"

"Yes. I haven't been able to get access to Hank, so I need information from you." Doc said. You were a bit confused but you agreed and sat on the hospital bed.

"Now then. First question: have you spoken to Hank since you woke up?" Doc asked.

"... Yes. Two nights ago. I woke up to him in my room in the middle of the night." You say. You didn't want to tell Doc everything.

"What happened? Did he just watch over you or did you two talk?"

"...We... We talked. Kinda." You didn't know how to answer the question without fully lying.

"(y/n) I need details. I need the full truth to understand this." Doc demanded.

"Well... I asked him what was wrong and he kinda... jumped on me? It happened too fast for me to register it-"

"Did he hurt you?" Doc asked. You look at him in surprise. You remembered how Hank grabbed your wrists, but he didn't hurt you.

"No."