07- puddifoot's

As he lied face-up to the ceiling on his four-poster bed, Harry bemused himself with images of Ron's face and build, but the same concerns arose, with the complicated poisonous ivy grown on their relationship. Harry didn't want to overthink it anymore: he uncaged his mind from the eventful day, and joined the others with newfound carefreeness in the great hall for dinner when the time came.

The night blipped by with scarce dreams and a full stomach. Harry had spared no expense of stomach storage, and had stuffed his face last night. The steady stream of snow seemed to thicken overnight, and meek sunlight shone through the dormitory windows. Harry got dressed and went down for breakfast with Ron. The small Sunday morning shone as the precedent to the first Hogsmeade visit of the Christmas holidays. Harry suddenly remembered the note from two days before.

"Dunno, man, could be anyone." Ron said as he read the handwritten note. He didn't seem to approve nor disapprove of the note, as he just seemed exhausted and drained. Harry noticed this, and said,
"You don't have to come to Hogsmeade today if you don't want to, I'll be fine on my own." Ron persisted, by the circles of black under his eyes were evident.

"It's fine, you can stay here and rest, you deserve it, I'll even buy the things you need for you." Ron finally caved, and collapsed into his bed, as Harry readied himself for this 'date'. Deodorant was an essential of course, as Harry applied the one that Dean had gifted him for Christmas, as it smelled quite pleasant. Harry wondered whether he should shove his legs for the occasion, but finally decided against it, as it would take too much time, and he might not even like this person. Dean, Seamus, and Neville had asked Harry if he wanted to go with them, but Harry kindly rejected the offer, making up an excuse instead of telling them about his date. Harry wore his newly laundered tee and trousers, which complimented his looks flatteringly in his eyes. He put together the finishing touches like breath mints and hair gel, and decided that he was ready.

The village of Hogsmeade had once again transformed into a whimsical, gingerbread, fantasyland, as snow and icicles glazed the shells of each store and building. Colorful Christmas decorations were still warmly littered around the path, with a wreath here, and a tinsel roof there. Small crowds of carolers patrolled the streets, merrily laughing and sipping warm butterbeer on this snowy day.

Harry immediately paved his way to Madam Puddifoot's hearty tea shop, the supposed 'most romantic place in Hogsmeade'. Harry's heart did a somersault as he realized he was about to find out who 'C.C.' is.

Extravagant pink and magenta walls stemmed around him as he entered the store, frantically searching for his date. Everything was heart-shaped in this place, from the stained glass windows to the mouth-watering scones and the little white teacups. A single figure sat at the far corner of the shop, and she seemed to be waiting for someone. Harry was positive that this was his date, and he nervously and subtly walked up to her. Before he could even reach the seats, Harry's jaw immediately dropped to the ground.

Cho Chang,

the girl of his dreams, was sitting cross-legged at the empty table, casually smiling and gesturing for Harry to join her. Harry was too stunned to even process what was going on at the moment, quickly sitting down on the opposite side of the table, parallel to her.

He suddenly felt awkward to have not shaved his legs.

"Howarebyou?" Harry mumbled.

"Sorry?" Cho gave a cute chuckle.
"I mean who- how are you, Cho?" Harry restated awkwardly.
"Oh I'm fine, thank you." Cho replied, still smiling.

"I wasn't expecting you here." Harry admitted. "I heard that you were on a cruise with your parents."

Cho's face twisted, perplexed, and then quickly replied.
"Oh, the trip was cancelled, so I didn't have to go back home for the holidays."
"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that, you wanna order?" Harry asked.
"Sure." she replied, and fetched the waitress.