Chapter 1

Gauri: Aryan bhaiya, I'm fine honestly. Stop worrying.

She said to her oldest brother on the phone as she applied some lip balm on her lips. She heard her brother sighing before he started rambling again.

Aryan: Gauri, this matter is serious. Someone is out to get you. The police isn't doing anything about it, and you are refusing to move back to Surat so of course I am going to worry about my stupid little sister.

Gauri: first of all, I am not stupid. Second of all, just because someone is out to get me does not mean I should pack up my life in Mumbai and move back to Surat.

Aryan: Gauri...

Gauri: what Aryan bhaiya?

Aryan: never mind. I have to go in a minute, but me and Ayush are coming to Mumbai tomorrow.

Gauri: why?

Aryan: to make sure that you are okay and to instal security in your apartment.

Gauri sighed. She was too tired after a long day of dancing to argue and debate with her brother.

Gauri: okay, let me know when your plane lands, or when you're nearing my apartment.

Aryan: yeah we will. Okay, bye Gauri. Please take care.

Gauri: I will Aryan bhaiya, don't worry. Bye.

She cut the call before her brother started to ramble on about why he was so worried about her etc. Both her brothers, Aryan and Ayush, have been breathing down her neck since the day they found out that someone was after Gauri. They didn't even know someone was after her till she video-called them, practically shaking because someone was constantly knocking on her door.

At first, Gauri started receiving random letters and gifts. The letters weren't creepy and the gifts weren't much. Gauri thought that it was some fans sending her stuff, so she didn't think much of it. After all, as a dancer, model and soon to be actress, Gauri was used to receiving letters and gifts from fans.

But quickly things started to get creepy. The simple letters turned into long letters with phrases such as 'I'll be there at the event, watching you', 'stop ignoring me baby doll', 'don't be scared, I am just your well-wisher' etc. Well the words on the letters were turning more creepy, with some of it being well written summaries of her day. The constant use of 'my love' and 'baby doll' and 'we will meet soon' etc was getting on her nerves. The gifts started becoming too much and once she got a bouquet of flowers with a note saying 'throw them away, I will end you'.

Gauri kept her phone down after texting her friend, and started brushing her hair. As she brushed her hair, she thought she heard some footsteps. She stopped brushing her hair, hearing nothing but still she said loudly: hello?

No response.

So she went back to brushing her hair, but then thought she heard footsteps once again. Gauri kept the hairbrush down on her dresser, before getting up. She'd be lying if she said that her heart wasn't beating fast as all. She picked up the empty flower vase and walked out of her room.

Gauri: who is it?

No response.

Gauri: I know you can hear me. I have...I have a vase and I am not afraid to throw it at you!

There was still no response.

With her heart beating faster than usual and careful tip-toeing, Gauri went to her front room and turned the light on. There was no one there. Gauri then decided to turn on the lights in the rest of her apartment to see if there was someone there.