Promise

3rd person pov
The day would have been like any other— if it weren't for Akira's wedding.

Akira. Akira. Akira. He was the only one for him, the only one who would stay by him during his darkest days, his weakest point. And that bond itself was their promise- the promise Akira had broken.

It started during Mitsu's freshman year. What was known to be a fondness for the older— grew into a crush and despite trying to rebuke his feelings for the man, it developed into something deadly. Love.
Most people would describe it as wonderful, a joyous sensation. But not for Mitsu. It killed him inside, every time, seeing how Akira's eyes would lighten up at the mention of her name. Aiko, she was intelligent, she was brilliant, and she was beautiful.

And yet, his envy of her was simply because of Akira's love towards her. And despite having a very compatible relationship, they both did have their rough patches. And each of those times, Mitsubishi accepted him with open arms. That was his biggest mistake.

Back to the present...
Mitsu quickly straightened out his suit & tie before heading on to the wedding ceremony. He was chosen as the best man along with 2 others. Their names were Hirato and Shota- Akira's friends.

Mitsu had glanced over to the seated crowd that consisted of the friends & family of the bride and groom. And yet, he was only seeking one person. The one who had him wrapped around his finger. The man who he would take a bullet for, the only one who truly supported him, the man whom he fell in love with. But Akira was nowhere to be found.

Mitsu had small talk with Hirato & Shota, greeting them and discussing Akira & Aiko. Mitsu's heart felt a pang of sadness, hearing them talk about how lovey- dovey the couple were. And yet, who could he blame? He was the one too cowardly to confess.

A couple minutes later, a voice was heard.

"The groom has arrived" spoke the man in a tuxedo. The guests' heads were all turned to face the one and only, Akira.