CH 1

If there was one thing that Brian O'Connor, a blue-eyed man whose blond hair was short and slightly wavy, could say without a doubt about the street racing scene of LA, it was that no one was ever blindly accepted into the racing's innermost circle without trust and respect that could be transferred into street credibility.

When the police officer had first been handpicked to an undercover assignment, the young man had been truly honored and felt pride. However, the blonde quickly realized that this assignment would be no easy task and if he wanted to ever make detective then he would have to get his hands dirty.

It wouldn't be the first time that he would have to resort to socializing with the criminal underworld. The man supposed it all started having been raised in Barstow, California by a single mother who loved drugs and booze more than him which also introduced him to the darker and more criminal sides of life. The freedom of a 10-second car, just him, the machine and the road kept him away from more life-altering escapes he could have taken as a kid.

A short stint in juvie for being around a street race that was busted, led to him vowing to stay on the more 'legal' side of the racing scene. Illegal mods and smuggled car parts were one thing, what could be called a worthwhile necessity for life, but drugs, guns and the eventual major crimes, on the other hand that came hand in hand with it weren't worth the life that Brian had wished to build for himself.

So, after finding a way to get his record cleaned up, the young boy had decided to apply to the police academy at the ripe young age of 18 after finishing high school and getting his GED.

Which led to where he was now at twenty-three, being pulled from a patrol route far from the races he'd already been sniffing around and placed in an undercover assignment to infiltrate the racing scene to better secure his new alias as a street racer named "Brian Earl Spilner".

His assignment was first given to him because of a series of truck hijackings across the state of California and into some of the neighboring states in the span of four short months which could only have been done by some highly skilled drivers and it became clear to the FBI and thus the LAPD that the best place to start would be where those drivers would need to get those parts - the street racing underground. Since no one would ever confess to a cop then they would need someone on the inside.

From there, Brian had then quickly established a habitual lifestyle under his newfound alias as an employee at the Racer's Edge, finding work for a man named . For the next three weeks, the young man worked at Racer's Edge, secretly searching for any news about the truck hijackings, coming up with nearly nothing.

It wasn't a completely worthless effort though. The blue-eyed man did have a possible lead panned out the Toretto's Market and Café, searching for a way in. During that time, He relentlessly tried befriending Dominic Toretto's sister, Mia Toretto, an beautiful employee at the store and typically ordered an awful tuna sandwich every time he visited, that he actually ended up enjoying more than he thought he would.

He had yet to meet the mysterious owners of the Toretto's Market and Café, though.

The young blonde had heard multiple rumors about how legendary and terrifying the couple were in the inner racing circles, if anyone had something to do with the hijackings, it was them. Now if only he could meet them.

But how?