Chapter 24: not what we expected

Harrys POV:

I'm first one awake today, it's 8:00am. We are in the tour bus and we have been on tour for 2 weeks now. The twins haven't been spending much time with the little ones or me and Louis but they have spent loads of time with zayn and Liam.

We have doctor check ups today, it's the first check up we've had to do for Maia and Noah. I'm not sure how they will take the news but hopefully it isn't too difficult. They barely eat and I haven't told Louis but I've seen them smoking ciggarettes while being on tour. It's made them look unhealthy and really skinny.

I think zayn and Liam are basically their caregivers now and I think that they let them which is surprising for Liam to do but I understand why he has let them.

I'm making a coffee for myself when I see Harper get up and out of her little bunk, "hey princess" I say as she walks over to me. She giggles, "morning daddy" she says hopping up onto the seat and cuddling into my side.

"Daddy what we doing today?" "We're gonna take the twins to the doctors and you might get a normal check up too" i explain and she just nods.

"You wanna come with me to wake up Louis and the little boys?" She nods again so I carry her to mine and Louis bunk. "Dada wake up" she says poking him. He giggles and reaches out to Harper. She jumps in his arms and cuddles him.

She loves cuddles and it's so cute! "Time to get up dada, I'm going to wake up the baby boys" Louis smiles at how cute Harper is and starts to get up.

"Bear, Freddie it's time to get up, we got stuff to do today!" She says excitedly. Freddie wakes up and brushes his long hair out of his face where as bear Moana and rolls over so I pick him up and carry him in my other arm.

Liams POV:

I wake up to the sounds of the little ones laughing at a movie. I hope out the bunk and walk to the kitchen to make some tea for myself.

"Morning mate" Louis says from behind me, I turn and see him and Harry cuddling while watching the kids movie. "Morning lads, morning kids" I say to everyone.

"We still taking twins to doctors today?" "Yeah mate" Harry says back.

I feel bad because I haven't spent much time with bear lately so I was thinking of taking him out for lunch and to buy a few toys and some new clothes since he's grown a bit.

"I'm gonna go wake up the twins, we will leave in like an hour ish" I say heading to the bunks with my tea.

"Maia, Noah it's time to get up. You have to eat a little bit before we go out today" I say whispering and shaking them. I slowly get up so I bring them some toast. "Eat this before we leave please?" I ask kindly.

They nod. "Wait li where are we going?" Maia asked. Yikes. I'm not sure how she will take this. "Umm well actually we need to take you both to the doctors for a normal check up but nothing to big" I say nervously waiting for a reaction.

She just sighs and rolls her eyes. I feel bad but it needs to be done, they both never eat and are extremely skinny, they've been smoking, vaping, they cut so we need to get that checked out.

Everyone gets dressed and we hop in our 11 seater and we're off the the doctors, this time it's zayn and Mia in the back, me Noah and Niall in front of them so I can comfort Noah and zayn can comfort Maia, the babies are in front and Louis driving Harry passenger.

Zayns POV:

Maias stressing out about going to the doctors so I've been trying to comfort her but nothings working, she laying on my chest and she's breathing extremely quickly. I thought of something, why don't I sing to her.

Lights go down and the night is calling to me yeah  I hear voices singing songs in the street and I know that we won't be going home for so long for so long but I know that I won't be on my own yeah I love this feeling and right now I wish you were here with me oooooh cause right now everything is new to me oooooh

And with that we were at the doctors. We go sit in the waiting room while Louis checks in, I can see Maia and Noah are so nervous.

"Maia and Noah.... Stypayhorlikson?.... We're ready for you" the doctor comes out a calls out. I giggle to myself, I love seeing people reaction to the last name. We walk into the doctors office and they take a seat on the bed.

"Hello, I'm Dr.smith and this is Dr.Williams, we will be doing a normal check up so nothing to worry about. I'm sure nothing to bad will come from this" Dr.smith explains.

They start with checking their heartbeat, temperature, it comes to a blood pressure test and she asks the twins to take their hoodies off.

"Zayn" Maia whispers in my ear, I look at her confused "I can't take my jumper off or she will see my cuts" I whispers "same for Noah" "guys you have to I'm sorry but we need to make sure everything's functioning right ok?" They just nod.

They take off the jumpers and the doctor notices the cute but doesn't say anything just yet. She checks their blood pressure and it's fine. "Umm may I talk to you alone please sir?" The doctor asked me so I nod and stand up.

"Well your children are very short and skinny for their age so we need to check their weight and I saw the cute on their arms so we will need to do a brain scan to see if part of their brain is depressed or has anxiety" she explains.

"Umm yeah they won't want to do that but if they have to then yup" I say nervously not knowing how they will take the news. We walk back and i explain it to them.

"She saw the cute and wants to do a brain scan which is very quick and doesn't hurt and she also wants to check your weight since you both are extremely skinny for your age" they just nod and look scared at each other.

"Maia I'm going to check your weight while Dr.Williams does Noah's brain scan and then we will swap over and you will do a brain scan and Noah will check his weight" Maia nods.

"Ok step up here, yup just like that, ok you may now hop off and we can go get a brain scan" she said while writing the results. We pass Liam and Noah on the way there and I see Noah is extremely scared.

After a while of talking about everything they have we go to the prescription place to get the pills they need. It turns out they both have anxiety but Noah's is a tad worse and they both have depression but Maias is a bit worse and the both are anorexic.

Not what we expected when we were coming to the doctors office but we will get through this with them.