Prologue

Carnival. What can you relate when you hear the word 'carnival'? Balloons, Ferris wheel, magic show, haunted house, fun. That is what I grew up with, being a carnival-born girl can be pretty fun. I mean why wouldn't it be, right? free rides everywhere since everyone working here knows me since I was in diaper, plus I live in the carnival itself. But the sad thing being a carnival-born girl is that playing alone. I never really have any friends to play with since everyone in here pretty much older than I am but then I can remember knowing this boy when I was little. He visits the carnival pretty often with his dad and the way we met was pretty interesting, I think.

That night I was dressed to be a ghost, you know the typical ghost attire, white dress and a wig with my face as if I got hit by flours, because my dad being the owner of the carnival decide to make me runs around the carnival to attract people to go to the haunted house.

Then there was a shriek behind me " aaarghh ghost!", turned around to see a boy pretty much around my age pointing his tiny finger towards me.

 "I'm not a ghost" I replied. "You are one, I mean look at you" he looked at me, judging me up and down.

"I'm still a human dressed as a ghost, you poop!" I said.

"Why are you calling me poop?" he questioned.

"Because of that" I pointed at his pants with a chocolate-coloured stain near his butt.

"I-it's not a poop! It was ch-chocolate. I accidently sat on it" he said while stuttering. "Whatever you say poop" I stick my tongue out, running away after that.

"I'll catch you, ghost!" he shouted as he chase me around the carnival.

That was how I earn myself a friend.

However our friendship didn't last long because after that night, I didn't see him at the carnival anymore. We didn't even know each other name, maybe that was how kids my day play with each other. There was another memory of him that I could remember. It was pretty silly. But then we were kids so can't blame on that.

Playing around  the carnival with him was fun. I even show him our haunted house which didn't scare us at all, one because I know where all the ghost was place, advantage of being the carnival owner, two, maybe he's not easily scared.

We went out from the haunted house and took a few breath after all the fun we've had.

"Hey poop, do you know magic?" I asked.

"Magic? What's that?" he asked back with a dumbfounded face.

"tch you don't know magic? Seriously? You're such a loser." I said. "I can't really explain what is magic but to me magic is a miracle if you believe it"

"Can you show me?" he asked.

"I don't know magic but my grandpa knows it and he'll be showing it in a few minutes so let's go before we missed it" tugged his hand so that we'll arrive at the magic show in time.

He'll have a lot fun watching and knowing magic.

Smiling at the memory of him. I wonder if he still believe in magic like how I always do. If he doesn't believe it anymore, I'll whack his butt and make him believe it again. Laughing at the idea of me whacking his butt and teach him the idea of magic.

I wonder if I get to meet him again after 12 years of him disappear in thin air. I couldn't find him at that time, I mean what can I child like me do to find her lost friend around Korea.

Whatever it is, I need to start packing my stuff to go home.

Bye boarding school. Hello home.