Chapter One

. . . Chapter One . . .

- Perhaps it was my small dragon fiurine I'd gathered as a Christmas present that began to fight back my writer's block. or my prayer to lose my loneliness. My writing had always been able to cure when i mose wanted someone by my side. My first kiss had been [resented, or more imagined, by my writing. Everybody has a release. Even if they have yet to find it.

- But as of now, my two month-blood sucker has vanished. Its fallen off my shoulders; no longer does it lurk in dark corners I am afraid to step in. Its breath hovering above my frozen veins; the warmth of knowing I can relinquich to the thought of weiting once more has returned in its glory.

- My secrets are hidden from even my closest pens... But what may feel like an entrapment, feels quite free to me. I can live past the hidings of my own mind. Yet again, maybe that is why my wings have never opened...

- The blanket covering me up does not comfort me, nor warm my frigid toes. So, out in the crisp air of a January morning, I shall lead you.

- Do you see through my etes/ Are you seeing a leaf-less forest pocketing two wide paths? Forbidden by my neighbors to go down there, friends of mine, only makes me yearn for it more.

- Can you see the cloudless sky? the sun is peeking fromt the other side of the house, beginning to thaw the ground. A story is wrapped in each blade of grass on my lawn. Because they've each taken a chapter of my life.

- As abrupt as I have been, I wish you to know, my writing has just began to take on form once more. But , I have yet, a story to tell. So, wherever you are faithful reader, find yourself a place quiet enough that will let your mind wander. Even if it takes you a long time to read this, I will be in a faint layer of pride that you stuck with me and my words.

                                                                                * * * * *

- The chime of the litte bell woke the customers with eyes fixed on the computers. Each of their different personalities turned to look at the young girl with shaky hands. Quickly, her tiny feet did a small skip to the front counter. She passed the delicacy counter without a glance at its contents, and twirled her hands impatiently. Most of the regulars returned with shaking heads to their important pieces of work.

- "What can I get for you girl?" the owner of the small-town cafe' came out from behind a three-wall enclosement behind the desk. Her blonde hair was pinned back slightly messily, with bangs hanging on the sides of her face. The nametag on her Mickey Mouse peace sign ears was decorated with fancy letters spelling out Rose Melody. And her deep smile reflected right off the girl's frown.

- "Medium double shot black, please." the girl restlessly pulled at her ear lobes, and began to breathe. Her light brown hair was soaked all the way to her lower back.

- "Hot blonde with sand!" Rose yelled to the place wehere hse had imerged. She grinned, "What's your name doll?"

- "Huh?" the girl stopp tugging on her earlobes, her eyes slightly startled.

- "Your name? Tell me hun, why are you so frightened lookin'?" Rose simmed wat she could see of her new custormer. Skinny as a stick, alright. she ambled off into her busy mind.

- "Oh... Lizzy." she pushed her bangs behind her ear. "What did you call my coffee?"

- Rose laughed. "Don't you worry about that doll." she motioned to a seat behind Lizzy. "Sits down there, and you're coffee'll be there soon enough."

- Lizzy turned, and settled down at a small two man table; leaning against the wall. She allowed her eyes to wander, and had an interesting moment with her favorite hobby.

- Just a table sepreated her and a man, probably in his mid-twenties. He had a min-couputer which he typed away with pure speed. His plain hazel eyes darted from one side of the screen to the next. He only paused, with one hand, to take a sip of coffee. Then he'd shake his head, mutting something to himself and resume. His scruffy brown hair bounced up and down to his typing, getting a small smirk from his watcher.

- While he looked like a suit-type of man, he was adorning a life-is-good t-shirt with a dog and a man by a campfire. He was wearing paint splattered jeans with worn white tenni-shoes. Though she didn't tend to admire that fast atittude in people, it reminded her of her father.

- "Lizzy, here is your coffee." Rose snapped the lid on. "Please come again soon." The young teenager nodded, and reached down for her bag. Rose chuckled. "Oh no, darlin, first time's on the house."

- Lizzy smiled up at her appreciately. "Thanks." She grasped her coffee, not even wincing by itts hot temperatures. Her tenni-shoes squeaked across the linoneum floors. With her head held down, she slipped across the small cafe, letting the big door slam behind her.

- "She's a quiet child." his eyes followed Rose as she scooted Lizzy's chair back in. His typing stopped as he took a large gulp from his coffee.

- Rose set her hands on her hips, a tiny smirk pecking the left corner of her mouth. "We'll brighten her up. DO you know anything about her?" she glanced down at her silver Mickey Mouse watch. Nine - thirty.

- Michal shook his head, and returned silently to his work.

- A shiver ran through her body. She licked her lips, and stepped down onto the street.