The War

"Today, we unite our Kingdoms. Tomorrow, we scorch the surface! Rise, Atlantis! Death to the Atlantean hagfish! We will not bow to Atlantis. We're gonna give them a fight that they will never forget!" "No! We need him!" "Join me or die." "You expect me to address you as Your Highness?" "Not Your Highness. Call me. Ocean Master. You can take my army, you soft-bellied slug. But you will never have my allegiance!" "So be it!" "What the—"

"The King has risen. Attack!" Everyone begins fighting. "There are too many casualties." "We have to stop the fighting now. I'll find my father. But you must defeat Orm." "And what if I can't?" "Last time, he was in his element. This time, make him fight in yours." "I'll go help Mera,"Ariella says, "Stay safe, Princess." Ariella kisses Arthur. "Um...What was the plan, again?" "The plan is to not get killed," Mera says, as both girls each get on the back of Orcas. "Yeah, good plan. Don't get killed." Ariella uses her powers and angers the ocean, taking half of Orm's army out, Orm gets angry and stabs his father's Trident into Ariella's chest. Ariella screams out in agony. "Death to you, you ungrateful, bitch!" Orm yells. Ariella lays lifeless in the water for a moment before she is healed by the water, rejoining the fight. "The Trench! He commands the Trench!" "Impossible!" "Stand down! Let her pass." "Please, Father, he has the trident. I know you think this war is necessary, but Arthur is King by our most sacred law. And if you turn your back on that now, then the Atlantis you're fighting for is already dead." "It's true!" "The half-breed wields King Atlan's Trident. He commands the sea!" "Then that half-breed is your King." Everyone rises from the ocean, watching the battle ensue. "That Trident doesn't change what you are. A half-breed bastard. Atlantis will never accept you as its King." "Well, then by bloodshed. Do the gods make known their will?" The two battle, "Yield the throne. Yield it! "Finish it." "Yield the throne." "Mercy is not our way." "Maybe you haven't noticed, brother. But I'm not one of you." "Do it! Kill me!" "No! That is enough killing," Atlanna says walking over to Orm. "Mother?" "Oh, my son." "I don't understand. We thought—" "I know. Arthur saved me." "You're with him?" "I am. You're both my children, and I love you so much. But you have been misguided. Your father taught you that there were two worlds. He was wrong. The land and the sea are one." Vulko, Guards, and Ariella walk up. "My Queen." Vulko bows. "Vulko. Take him. But make sure he has a view." "When you're ready, let's talk," Arthur says to Orm. "People of Atlantis, today began in bloodshed, but let it end in joy. I give you King Arthur of Atlantis," Ariella shouts. "Hail to the king!" "Hail to the king!" "Hail to the king!" "So, what do I do now?" Arthur asks. "Be their King," Mera says. "Ooh. This is gonna be fun." Arthur says, kissing Ariella's head. Ariella smiles.