chapter 8 - Bad Idea

(the name of this chapter is sponsored by girl in reds song bad idea 😋😏enjoy)
[also yea sorry ive been gone again its hard to type rn cause i burnt my finger on a lava lamp bulb two days ago 😟💀)

no ones pov

a knock was heard at the temple door as steven rushed to go answer it, along with spinel not far behind him, steven was greeted by a wide smiling Y/n, steven welcome you in as spinel came bouncing towards you, embracing you in a hug as her arms wrapped around your waist multiple times and your heart fluttered, "we should get set up!" steven exclaimed
[time skip]
everything was set, steven would sleep on the couch while you and spinel would get to share a mattress, "so do you guys want to watch a movie?" steven said as he sat down on the couch, a sigh escaping his lips, "we could watch [your favourite horror movie 😼]?" Y/N said as she tilted her head, steven grinned as he grabbed the remote, "alright than it's settled, we'll watch Y/N's horror movie suggestion! now hurry up and sit down you two!" steven sounded more than excited to watch the horror movie and you shrugged as you sat down on the opposite end of the couch, spinel following behind and sitting close to you..despite there being an entire couch she sat close to you.

Y/N's pov :
we were halfway through the horror movie and the scary stuff was just getting started, steven leaned forward, hell he even sat on the floor to get a better view as he grinned and laughed at the cheesy horror, spinel though, didn't look too impressed, occasionally she would jump a but and go to rush to your side but always moved away when she realised, you wish she didnt move away, the warmth of her next to you was nice. the horror movie didn't scare you and just like steven very much you laughed at some parts of it.
30 minutes in and a gory scene starts to play, you look at spinel, unknown as to what was about to happen, you tapped her shoulders "spinel this part of the movie is really bloody and gross...you should cover your eyes maybe?" spinel looks at you and nonchantly says "i can still hear everythinf thats happenin' , doll" you huff as you look at the TV, the scene was almost at that point where it would be the most nastiest, without thinking you grab spinel and hide her face in your chest, as you cover her ears with your own hands, even steven wasnt exactly thrilled by the scene, it didnt bother you though you'd seen the movie so many times. after a minute or two once the scene was over you removed your hand from spinels ears and put your hands on her cheeks as you looked at her "oh jeez i didnt hurt you did i? i wasn't thinking im so sorry spine-" spinel covered your mouth with her slinked arm as it slowly than left your mouth and both arms slinked around your waist, you stared blankly at her, attempting to process what was happening, she looked up at you as she nuzzled into you carefully as to not hurt you at all "you're comfy like a pillow so, i didn't really mind it doll, thanks" she smiled as she than looked back at the TV, holding onto you tight but not to tight.

it set in finally and your face tinged a burning red, you put your arms around her aswell as you stared off into space, a thousand (gay) thoughts racing around in your head, did this gem even have any idea what she was doing to you? for a gem she felt warm and it made you feel safe and comfortable, you felt you could stay like thus forever, and for a while it did feel like forever, for the rest of the movie you held eachother in the others arms.

(okay thats this part done yeehaw my finger hurts)