Chapter 2

A/N Please like or vote or whatever if you want but please comment!!!! i need to know if I should continue this or not, or if it makes sense (or not). Because I don't really care how many votes this gets I mean it would be nice and all but it doesn't matter as much as comment do to me. I dont know if I should set a goal for how many votes or comments or views I should have before I upload a new chapter or something but I'm not going to keep this going if people arent going to read it or dont tell me if it makes sense or not. I'm not trying to be rude or hostile or anything like that I promise, I just don't want to waste my time writing something no one wants to read. Hope all of you are having a wonderful day/night afternoon/morning wherever you are. -InfiniteChange

I woke up to the blinds of my bedrooms windows being pulled apart and the morning sun shining behind my eyelids. Bright red. 

"C'mon Jase time to get up," My mom had come in I hadn't heard who it was that opened the curtains. I groaned like any teen would. I could practically feel her rolling her eyes. She came really close that her breath tickled behind my ears, not in a sexual teen way but in the family way. Like she had been doing for as long as I could remember. Then came my favoite words ever: "There's food downstairs." Then she started poking my ribs so I'd get up. I rolled over on the bed, staring up at her face while I was trying to talk between breaths. 

'Fine! Fine!"  I gasped. "But only for the food." My mom playfully rolled her eyes at me before poking me in the ribs again. I went down the short staircase that led to my door, almost hitting my head on the low doorway like I usually did but ducking at the last second. I thought about my mom who was the only family I'd ever really had, her dark blue eyes that lightend all the way to a sky blue when they reached her pupil, they mirrored my own. Her honey blonde hair that she got from my grandma who had died when I was two, but still had little to no grey in her hair. I saw that in a picture where she and my mom were both smiling and happy, holding me. Full color with our eyes matching. Mom looked like a younger version of her. I looked over at the said picture and thought about how I was the misfit. Besides being two I was almost a miniture version of my dad. Who I had never met because he abandoned us few months before I was born. My mom told me it was because he hadn't been ready to take on the resonsibility of an infant or even a child in general. 

I knew better. It's the same old sad story that you read in books where that character always is pitied and cried over and that just isn't how it should work. I know my dad left because he didn't want me and I was the reason that he broke my moms heart. That was also 16 years ago. I'm over it. My moms over it. Thats it. No crying involved. Mom even had a boyfriend, Derreck Gribs. I liked him okay I guess. I didn't really know. He was a year or two older than my mom, he didn't have any other children. But you wouldn't know that by just looking at him, he looks like a typical dad, acts like it too. He's really great, its not akward with him because his mom had gotten married or had a boyfriend or something when he was my age. He doesn't push a subject too far but just far enough that you feel like you can open up to him. I do. We have days out without my mom, somethimes with if it's not something too "manly" for her. Once when she tagged along we were going to go frisbee golfing downtown. To make a long story short. Me and Derreck had ended up getting pedicures. That's how much we both love my mom. And letting those crazy ladies touch my feet was pushing it. A lot.

He'd talked to me once or twice about marrying her. And asking me if I was ready or could adjust to it or whatever. But the conversation always came back to if he was ready, and joking about if he could take on a load like me. I don't really need much. Food, clothes, water from the faucets etc. I could take care of myself pretty good other than the fact that my job at subway couldn't pay for that. I pay for my cell phone bill. I play basketball on the side of homework, work, school, and time with my mom and derreck. It was a lot to balance and sometimes I don't know if I can, but I've found the late shift at Subway gives me enough time to take a shower after practice during basketball season. But I can usually work it out pretty well. Hey, now I'll have 20 extra minutes with nothing to do now that Carol won't be bitching at me every night. Maybe I'll actually do something fun. Like take 20 extra minutes in the shower and add it to the five minutes I already have. That might be nice. I'll smell better There's a plus. I won't have as many headaches. There's another. 

"Hey do you want to play a game?" I said into the morning. "It's called 'See How Many Perks I can Get Out Of Today'" No one in particular answered me. But I know you heard it.