2

It's been three years since that day. Three years since I forbade myself from feeling that way towards my sisters boyfriend. It wasn't fair to her, even though she would never have found out about it, there was still a part of me that felt guilty for even feeling that way in the first place. So, that night when I went to bed, or more like stared at the ceiling for what felt like hours, I made a vow to myself that I would stop feeling this way towards Jungkook. And the truth was, I would only end up hurt in the end.

I avoided him at all costs. I began to volunteer at the art gallery, I stayed back at school to study more, I focused more on my art and I started taking care of myself better by going to the gym. I had developed a routine that was Jungkook-free, and slowly, the feelings began to fade.

After graduating high school, I met Taehyung, now my boyfriend, at the art gallery that we both volunteer at and things became easier. He wasn't a distraction, it was real. It felt real. And I was happy.

Up until Jungkook started to show up again.

"Babe?" Taehyung's smooth voice pulled me out of my thoughts. "Christmas this year, at my family's for breakfast, then yours for dinner?"

"Oh, yeah," I said, shaking my head softly, giving him an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry, I just have a lot
on my mind right now."

Taehyung snaked his arm around my waist as we walked down the snowy sidewalk, pulling me close to his side. "What's up? Talk to me."

I let out a sigh, shrugging it off. "Oh, you know, just what to get everyone for Christmas."

A lie.

I heard him chuckle, his breathe coming fogging up the air right in front of him. "That's what youre stressed about?"

I shrugged in response.

"You still have about ten days before Christmas, love. I can even help you out." He stated confidently, knowing that the most you would get out of him as a Christmas present would be a pair of Christmas socks with candy canes printed all over them. "Who do you have left?"

"Mabel and," I swallowed thickly. "Jungkook."

"Easy!" Taehyung exclaimed. "Just get them a matching pair of Christmas socks. I'm sure they'll love them!"

He was cute, it was one of the things I liked about him. Plus, I liked getting free socks for every occasions that gifts were required.

"I can't get them the same thing as you." I said, still thinking about the gift.

The truth was, I had already ordered Mabels gift. It was a pair of boots she had been eyeing out recently but had been out of her budget. The only remaining gift left was for Jungkook and I had no idea what to get him.

It had begun to snow again. White flakes slowly drifted throughout the cold air and a shiver went through me.

"Come on," My boyfriend grabbed onto my hand. "We're almost home."

"Jess," Mabel called me from the kitchen, "Come help me set up the table for dinner."

I looked up at Taehyung's face from my place in his lap, jutting out my bottom lip. His soft hands stroked through my hair as he sent me a grin before tapping the top of my head lightly.

I pushed myself up from where I was laying down, sighing that I had to be disturbed from my comfortable place on the sofa.

And my boyfriends lap.

By the time I reached the kitchen, Mabel had already gotten all the plates and silverware out of the cabinets and was on her way towards the dining room. I followed behind her silently.