Chapter 6 - Troubled Sunday - Part 2/2

Part 2

Isen was finally going to have his friend back!

He rushed down the floors of the male dormitory to meet him at the entrance to the campus.

He was too proud to tell him, but he had missed Blyke terribly during his suspension. And Remi too. The queen and the hunter had taken turns to manage the safe house and the high school conflicts to the best they could. In fact, they had only crossed paths during these long weeks.

Seraphina, who was very involved in the beginnings of this new space, was less and less present. She came out of campus regularly and looked concerned. Arlo had suddenly changed his behavior. Isen no longer recognized the former King, who was no longer involved in anything in Wellston. Rumors were that he would go out every weekend, get drunk sometimes and started smoking. It was forbidden on campus.

The reporter shrugged his shoulders. Arlo had suffered, like all royals, when John wasn't done going crazy. But the least we could say is that the dethroned king deserved it.

Isen knew that Blyke was training hard: to get stronger and to overthrow the Joker, who was still the new official King. Yet John was more dangerous than ever. Isen had seen him fight Gavin with his bare hands and dragged him around campus all evening, effortlessly. He had also overpowered Ventus and Meili in one move. Isen didn't want to see his friend get smashed in silly duels, for a crown John said he didn't even want to hear about. A funny idea occurred to him, Isen had a fertile imagination: what if I could beat him? Well not physically ... but if I managed to rebuff him with my intellect? Isen saw himself there: on the front page of Wellston's Weekly, a photo of himself triumphant with a whimpering John, Remi admiring, Blyke bursting with jealousy.

"Exclusive interview! How the King of the Newspaper shut the terrible Joker's mouth !". He made a triumphant exit to the dormitory landing ... and stopped dead in his tracks.

"Isen, whose mouth do you think you're shutting ?" A deep voice said outside the dorm.

Oh my god, John-Doe-Mort!

- What ... what ?? Who said that ? Isen took his courage in both hands to meet the grim gaze of the Joker in the aisle in front of him. John had a ragged look : fresh when he arrived on Friday, he was wearing dark circles and fighting marks on his neck and arms this Sunday morning. His pale complexion stood out under his dark hair and furrowed eyebrows.

The joker shrugged, giving up on punishing Isen's unfortunate provocation.

"Well, really no time for that. Have your delusions, liar. He muttered. I need your ability. Now. Give it to me.

- Uh ... To fight who ?

Isen feared for his friend. Was John also preparing to greet Blyke, but with his own style?

John's gaze filled with dismay.

"Tch! So you think if I take an ability it's only to smash someone?"

But that's EXACTLY what you do, man! The hunter replied inwardly.

- So uh ... why are you ...? the reporter began fearfully. John cut him off with a long, loud sigh, his eyes rolled up to the sky.

- Aaah! I'm not going to wait for you to stop shitting in your pants, Isen! Damn, you still want to know everything, don't ya?... "The Joker dropped his head suddenly as if he had just remembered something."Hey, about knowing everything ... What happened in my room?" the Joker asked, watching him closely.

- I ... ahem! I don't know what you're talking about ?! Isen muttered awkwardly.

- Pff! Liar ... John said, starting to get closer to Isen.