Chapter 14: Reunion

We all stood in a group facing each other. Toby was first to speak,

"Starting today we call a truce. We all need to get along just until Slenderman returns." He said sternly.

Tim looked like he was about to speak but decided not to. I looked at the others, some were glaring but for the most part they seemed willing. Toby looked at us expectantly, "Well?"

Everyone muttered some iteration of 'got it'. We went our separate ways, Jeff and I found ourselves in some type of lounge room. I felt like we needed to talk about the way he'd acted the other night. I sat on a nearby couch and motioned for Jeff to follow. I looked at the floor for a few seconds trying to figure out how to phrase it.

" What you said makes it hard for me to be able to trust you." I started.

"I know, and I'm sorry I hurt you like that but I was so angry." He ranted.

"You have every right to be angry at me but you swore you'd never kill me, that you'd kill yourself before you could kill me." I was looking away from him while I could feel his eyes boring into me.

"I have a hard time controlling myself when I go killer mode. Thankfully I was able to resist shooting you right then and there." Jeff said.

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?" I asked through gritted teeth.

Jeff leaned closer to me, "Don't worry kid, that'll never happened again. You still mean a lot to me."

I scoffed but didn't say anything back. I felt his finger tips graze my shoulder, his skin rough on mine.

"I don't like that side of you." I whispered.

Jeff didn't say anything, he just pulled me into his embrace.

"It's getting late, we should get to bed." Jeff said, looking out the window at the dark sky. I nodded in agreement and went to ask Toby where I'd be sleeping.

"You can either bunk with Jane or Kate." He said.

"I'll go with Jane." I smiled awkwardly and went to find her room.

I walked down the hall and to the left I saw her sitting on her bed, which was huge. She noticed me, "Rhys? Rhys, are you bunking with me?"

I looked at her and grinned. I set my back pack on the floor then climbed onto the bed with her. She was wearing a baggy shirt and shorts. I slid under the covers and she did the same. I slept on my back and she slept on her side facing me. Soon I fell asleep.

The next morning I was woken by Jeff shaking me.

"Rhys? God damn how hard can you sleep?" Jeff sneered.

"what do you want?"

"Its 2 p.m." He retorted

"Yeah so?" I shot back, laying back down.

"you've slept for like 17 hours, it's time for you to get up." Jeff said. "It's boring without you anyways." he added quietly.

I felt warmth in my chest but held back a smile as I got up and stretched. I slid off the bed and changed my clothing quickly. Just a black t shirt and track pants. I put on my vans and followed Jeff out into the hall.

The next few days went by quickly. Today Slenderman would finally return with the solution for my legs. I wore a pair of shorts and a sweatshirt with crew socks. I'd decided a quick smoke session would calm my nerves so I quietly crept through the halls. Once down the stairs I made the simple walk to the front door and slipped out without making a sound.

"Did he say what time he'd be returning?" Jack asked Toby.

"He just said soon." Toby replied. He sat on the couch next to me and Jeff.