κεφάλαιο πρώτο; i exist i exist i exist

tommy felt... empty.

minus the fact that he hadn't eaten in, well, however long it had been since the god of death last visited him, he felt empty in the sense that he felt alone.

tommy hated feeling alone, it made him think. he didn't like thinking.

he began to wonder why he was here. why he randomly awoke in a white room, only knowing his name —though the god of death called him theseus, not tommy—, how to speak and basic knowledge. why he had to be alone every hour of his life except for the occasional visit from the god of death, who would talk to him for a while and make him eat.

tommy always asked the god of death why he was here, but he just got the same answer everytime.

"i'll answer all your questions eventually, dear, thou must learn patience," she answered, her voice being the only thing that made him feel... not empty.

sometimes he felt like he didn't exist; that the god of death wasn't real; that he was just imagining everything. he felt like he was just here as a punishment. what had he done wrong? he didn't even remember anything before he opened his eyes.

he just remembered waking up in a void, being greeted by a woman who called herself the god of death, then being left in the lonely white room.

of course, he could create anything he wanted. he could just create other people to talk to or something, but that just made him feel even more lonely.

then again, he could also change the colour of the room, but every colour was either too bright or too dull. he couldn't find a colour that would calm him.

sometimes he would cry. he would just curl up and cry, unable to stop until everything went black and he woke up in the god of death's arms.

but sometimes, he would yell. yell about everything and nothing. let out his emotions. he would yell until he had nothing more to yell about. and yet, he still felt heard. even though no one was there to listen, he felt heard.

he wasn't alone...

he had himself.

and maybe that was enough...