Dragonfly

Anne P.O.V

Am I.....am I dreaming....?

.....

Someone's...calling to me...

You there.

Yes, I'm talking to you.

The stars have aligned the path for your destiny.

You have been chosen to defend the blue stone from an returning evil force.

I don't have much time left...

Use your powers cautiously young one.

You're our only hope.....
************************************

I jumped in shock out of my bed and landed hard on the floor.

What was that dream all about?

Powers? Chosen? Only hope?

I froze when I felt something around my hand. I looked down at it and it looked like to be a blue bracelet.
But it had the shape of a dragonfly.

What the....

"Anne you're going to be late!"
Mom yelled.

Aah, I don't want to be late on my first day!

I guess I can figure out this whole bracelet thing later.

I quickly sprung out of my bed and went down stairs to eat breakfast.

"Well good morning to you to Anne."
Dad said, jokingly.

"Hi dad!
I'm in pretty big rush, could you drive me to school?"

"Of course!"

"Didn't you set up your alarm clock?" Mom said.

"Err, I kinda forgot." I said while staring to put cereal in my mouth.

"Anne, I thought you were old enough to be responsible!"

"It's not *munch* my fault!"

I ran back upstairs while gulping down the rest of my cereal and went to the shower.

I took about a 5min shower before getting out and dressing quickly.

Then I rushed back downstairs.

"Let's go dad!" I said, dragging him to the car.

"Okay, okay, just slow down!" he chuckled, amused.

"Bye Mom!"

"Bye Anne! Good luck on your first day!"

Me and dad got to the car and put on our seat belts before heading off.

It was very crowded and lots of beautiful orange autumn leaves flew into the sky at the high winds. New York City was certainly be anyone's dream to live here and I'm glad I do.

"So, are you excited for your second year of high school?" dad asked.

"If I were to be honest, high school isn't really that bad, well except for Maggie."

I've been enemies with her for as long as I can remember. Just note to self, never throw pain at anyone.

"I'm sure it won't be that bad!
You just need to avoid her!
Plus, I'm sure you'll be excited to see your little friend again.
His name was Twig, right?"

Oh yeah, Twig! I haven't seen him in a long time! He's been my best friend ever since 2th grade! He might be one year younger than me, but I've always seen him as a brother.

"Of course seeing Twig again will be nice! But I don't know, it's just the same old thing." I said, sighing.

"Maybe you could make new friends, you never know?"

"I guess so."

Not that I'm enthusiastic about it.

We then quickly pulled up to the school. Surprisingly, no one was in sight.

"It looks like you're early!" Dad remarked.

Early? No, that can't be.

I looked over at the time and it was only 7:00 am.

Gee, thanks mom.

"Well, I have to head down the restaurant, but feel free to explore Anne. Just don't wonder off to far."

"Okay."

I got out of the car and waved goodbye to dad before he drifted off.

I guess exploring it is!

I started walking aimlessly around the city, admiring it's beautiful parks, buildings and streets.

But suddenly I felt a cold shill down my spine. I could here tiny noises.
I don't know why, but I felt like someone or something was watching my every movement.

I abruptly stopped and the noise halted. I then slowly turned around behind me, but nothing was there.

Maybe I was overreact-

Suddenly out of the blue, I felt something grabbed me up by the throat.

But nothing was there!

Then, suddenly some sort of grey metal frog robot revealed itself. It started at me with its piercing blood red eyes and smirked as it applied more pressure to my throat.

This wasn't good.

I could feel my throat hurt and my head getting dizzy as I struggled to breathe in air.

But then, the bracelet started to shine a bright blue and I could feel a pulse of energy replenishing my strength.

I suddenly felt strong, really strong!
So much in fact that I was able to pushback the robot very far.
I could feel my body radiating with energy and I felt something else.

A giant ball of blue light surrounded me and I could feel my clothes change
I gained blue marks on my cheeks, light blue shoes with a blue eye mask. And dragonfly wings around my arms and back.

 And dragonfly wings around my arms and back

(Art by Alex)

The robot quickly got up again and shook off my attack, not before I left some heavy damage on it.

It glared at me and quickly charged again. I easily evaded its attack, but not before it grabbed me again and threw my hard on the ground at full force.

This isn't going to be an easy fight.

I can't do this alone...