Chapter Two

Xaiver's POV

Its been Four years since I last saw my mate. I've been going crazy looking for her. Its like she left without a trace, I looked everywhere for her. Four years ago, I went to a party with my friends, they were congratulating me for becoming Alpha. It was a party that werewolves and humans could both attend, as long as us werewolves didn't transform in front of them. Being the eldest child of my family I was immediately put into training.

I've never been known to mess around, like going to parties, or getting drunk or some shit like that. I've had some 'Company' but very rarely. I wanted to wait for my mate to come back, but I kinda just gave up looking. She just didn't want to be found, and I wasn't going to waste time looking for someone who just doesn't want to be found. I decided recently that I was going to give up looking for her, and decided to start settling down with someone else. My wolf growls at that thought, but I can't keep looking for her anymore, Since i have a pack to worry about, I need to be strong if I'm going to lead this pack.

The girl who is going to take alpha female is the beta's sister. I've known her since we were younger. Plus she was one of the companies I like to have.

She came rushing in the office, "Baby, can you take me shopping? I really need to go. I haven't gone at all this month." I looked at her, and handed my credit card to her. "Be careful Ashlyn. I don't want anything happening to my future alpha female." I smiled and grabbed her hand pulling her closer to me. It felt wrong doing this stuff that i should be doing with my mate, but I guess it shouldn't anymore.

"I got to go drop off the pack pups at school, I'll see you when I get home babe." I said as I kissed her. My wolf growled. "Okay baby." I got up and grabbed my keys. I know what your thinking, why is he taking kids to school when he has pack work to do. Well to answer that question is.. well, i don't have an answer for it. I just felt like helping the pack today. As alpha its my duty to protect and help my pack and i'm helping them by taking their pups to school.

I got to the van, ( I know creepy. but hey its the only thing that will fit this many kids. dang that still feels creepy..) And the kids were already in the van and buckled up. "Okay guys, lets get you to school, whoo." I did a fist punch in the air. They giggled, "Alpha, school isn't that exciting." I shook my head and laughed. I started the car and drove off.

We got to school just in time, "Okay, kids out. come one gonna be late for school and then your parents will kill me for getting you to school late. There were a couple of little ones that I needed to walk to the doors. I helped unbuckle them and toke their hands. I started walking up to the doors when I got a scent that I haven't smelt in years. She was standing by the doors with a baby on her hip. She still looks as beautiful as the day she left. I looked at the kid in her arms, and she doesn't look to be much older than 4 years old. "Mommy, don't leave me here. I don't want to be here." She looks lovingly at the child. "Kaylie, you have to. I have to go to school too. I can't watch you while I'm trying to learn, baby." Her voice sounds like angels. Her scent smells like cinnamon and apples.

I decided to go up to her and talk to her. "Excuse me," She looked up at me and she smiled. "Sorry, I didn't mean to stand in your way." She said to me. She looked down at the child. " Kaylie I have to go now. you have to be a good girl for mommy, okay?" The girl Kaylie nodded, "Okay mommy." That word brought me into a depression. She had a daughter. She had a child. She must of been married or something already. I had missed my chance. I had to make it for certain before I do something rash. "Excuse me again, can I talk to you?" I looked at her. She looked shocked but slowly nodded. She put down her daughter, and walked over to the side. "Yes? I'm kind of in a hurry sir." She didn't remember me. "Do you know who i am?" I asked her. hoping her answer would be yes. "Should I?" I sighed. I shook my head. "No. it was a long time ago that we had met. Almost 4 years i believe." Her eyes widened. She looked around, "oh, yeah. I kind of remember you now. Well it was nice seeing you again. Bye." she said quickly and started running away. I groaned. What am i going to do. My Mate. or Ashlyn.