Chapter 5: a price to pay

Coltons POV: 

I'd never fancy myself a bounty hunter but I need the money. I opened the bullet hole filled door of the police stations door. A man in a worn blue jacket looked up from his perfectly folded paper and spoke.

"Can I help you partner?" He raised his eyebrow in concern.

"Yes actually," I held up the bounty paper. "Do you have any information on this man?" 

He sat his expensive black ink pen down and sighed. "Course I do. What do you need to know?" He questioned.

"Well where was he last seen?" We talked for what felt like hours as I jotted down this information with a small journal and my pen. I thanked the sheriff for his time and got back onto Barnaby. As we ran through the hot valley the sun fell showing a bright purple and orange sunset just over the horizon. The rhythmic clack of Barnabys hoof soothes my mind as we went to Trashes last known location letting my mind wander. I let out a sigh of relief as we arrived in DeadWood. It was a loud bustling town of crooks and thieves. It was fairly easy to get people to spill. Literally or figuratively. 

I haven't slept in 3 days. I wandered to the nearest stable to save my horse Barnaby from being stolen. Roses inn caught my eye as I drowsily opened the door. Payed my expense bill and flopped onto the uncomfortable hard bed stained with god knows what. I fell asleep almost immediately despite the moldy walls and yelling of men and women in rooms next to and below me. I woke up the next morning to light nocking on my door. 

"Who is it?" I sighed blinking my dreams and hangover away.

A young woman's voice followed, "Good morning sir! Would you enjoy a bath as well as breakfast?" Her cheery voice caught me off guard this early in the morning. 

I sighed and responded her the younger women. "Sure." I coldly replied.

"Great! The bath is on the main floor on the left. Everything is ready when you are!" She clapped her hands together and toddled off to the main floor. I threw my dark brown muddy shirt and ripped black pants To head downstairs. I slipped my ragged clothes off and slipped into the soapy warm tub. I cleaned myself, zoning out and relaxing in the soapy warm ceramic tub. The same young women nocked on the door catching me off guard. 

"Sir? Would you like your clothes cleaned and repaired?" She politely asked opening the door.

"Uh- yeah sure thanks." I replied startled and caught off guard. She smiled and politely folded my clothes and walked away. She came back a few minutes later with a clean white shirt and black pants.

"I hope these will be ok until your clothes are fully dried and repaired!" She smiled and walked away until I could give her my thanks. I dried myself off, putting the new clothes on and finding my way to the saloon.