Chapter 1:

Valerie's POV

Every picture tells a story. Memories fall back into place. The funny thing is that, people change but pictures don't. I gaze up at the sky. Though it was empty, it was mesmorizing. The cool breeze kept me comfortable. I shut my eyes and kept them closed whilst in deep thought.

"Valerie!"

My eyes shot open, taking me out of m trance. I realized that I had been out on my balcony for more than an hour. I looked back up at the sky one last time, sighing as I ran my fingers through my blonde locks.

I made my way down stairs to greet my mum whilst she cooked supper. I wasn't really in much of  a melo mood but it doesn't really matter at this point.

"Hey, mum, what do you need?" I started as I pecked her cheek as a 'hello'.

"I need you to clean the attic this weekend".

"Maaahm, why can't you do it?" I moaned, sitting down at the table and crossing my arms. "Because", she stated, not turning around from making supper.

"That's not an answer." I stated, looking at her from the rim of my glasses. She sighed and turned towards me. "Could you just please clean the attic? I have stuff to do." she said, glaring at me.

Well, someones in a bad mood today. I decide to take my phone and sink into my couch until supper was ready. A while has passed and food isn't ready yet. I'm seriously going to eat myself alive if my mum isn't done. I scrolled through twitter in concentration. I never realized how much people spend majority of their time on twitter... Now that I think about it, people spend so much time on the internet in general. My phone rang, which took me out of my deep thoughts. Of course; I rolled my eyes at the thought of my mum texting me to go clean the attic first thing tomorrow.

"Real suttle mum!", I yelled through the halls as I approached the kitchen.

"Dineer is ready.." my mum announced as I sat at the table. "While you clean the attic, I'm going to be gone for the majority of the day," my mum trailed off before starting again,"Just to leat you know, I'm going to leave money and my phone number if you need me".

"hmmm, by the way, where are you going?" I questioned as I stuffed a mouthful of pasta into my mouth.

"I, uh, I'm just visiting an old friend.." her eyes never met mine. Weird, I wonder who she was talking about. " Do know who it is?" I say emphasizing the 'I'.

"You'll get to meet them, just not tomorrow" she paused then continued her trial of thought, "Maybe when you finish cleaning".

"Well then", I jokingly said as i stood up to put my plate in the sink. I grabbed my phone and headed up stairs. Feeling content, I took one last look at my phone and got ready for bed.

I felt extremely tierd for some reason. Oh well.  I layed down on my bed, and let my mind wander as I slowly became imersed in my thoughts, whilst staring at the ceiling. It was relaxing, but it didn't stop all of the questions churning in my mind. I wanted to know who my mum was going to see - curiousity was slowly taking over me and I contemplated weither I should annoy her by texting her repeatedly until she tells me.

Ew, that takes effort.

I lazily rolled over, sprawling out across the bed. My leg fell over the side of my bed and I groaned, closing my eyes. Before I knew it, I was dozing off and fell into a deep sleep.                                            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------x--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------x