Ch.6

This isn’t as good as it could’ve been.

Normal P.O.V

Celty whipped her head around again, nothing. “What?” She stood, only to get few stares.

Marceline regained her posture. “That was weird...” She laughed, and sat in Celty’s spot, and Celty sat down.

They brushed arms by accident and felt each other’s goosebumps.

“You’re colder than usual.” Marceline joked.

But she was right. Celty was scared. The presence was awful. “Do you feel that?” She nudges Marceline.

“No.” Marceline laughed, and handed her a slip of paper. In scrawled handwriting, where the words ‘He’s behind us’.

‘What do you mean?’ Celty mouthed.

Marceline replied with a point behind them, and the presence became stronger.

‘Who is it?’ Celty mouthed (Again).

“Allen.” Marceline said aloud.

The ashes steamed as it started raining.

“Tsk.” A man said. “What a bad way to end a funeral.”

“Actually.” Celty smiled. “Allen loved the rain.”

To that, the presence grew quiet, and disappeared.

Everyone left, one by one, only Celty, Marceline, and Korry were left. He placed a hand on Celty’s shoulder before leaving. Celty watched him go, sadness in her eyes.

“We should go.” Marceline insisted.

“No. I won’t leave until it stops raining or Allen’s remains are ashes.” Celty wiped her eyes. “Besides, I’m fine.”

The rain grew worse.

Marceline then watched something she never thought she would care about. Celty grabbed a piece of wood, and

XxX

Naturally, Marceline slowly walked home. She replayed the events of the funeral over in her head.

Celty rose the wood high in the air, and then she swung down to her chest. But the thing was, there was no wood. Her hands were empty. And everything had lit up. Lightning. Allen was behind her, wood in hand. Marceline screamed, but Allen was gone.

Marceline shivered, she had left after that, she now stood in one of the alleys.

“When did I come in here?” She asked herself.

“I brought you here.” A hand grabbed her mouth. She was pinned to a wall, Allen’s face close to hers.

“Allen!” She was scared, and tried to struggle.

Allen pinned her legs with his own.

“All- stop.” She was uncomfortable. “You are dead?”

He chuckled. “No. Allen’s not dead. I saved him.” He got closer to her.

“Are you trying to make out with me?” She asked, she could feel his breath.

He pulled back. “*chuckle* no.”

“Who are you?” She stepped back.

“Don’t tell anyone.” He held his finger to his lips, and disappeared.

XxX

Celty walked out of the bathroom, towel wrapped around her body. She slumped by the bed, not bothering to dry her hair. She looked out the dark window, lost in thought. She barely noticed the figure by the window.

“Allen?” She asked, not registering that he was really there.

He walked slowly to her. “Celty?” He asked.

It finally registered he was there. “Allen!” She jumped to hug him.

He wrapped his arms around her. “Are you okay? What happened?” he asked.

“You died. And were at the funeral. Scary.” She felt a few tears fall. the last of the moisture she had.

He got up and retrieved another towel. He tenderly dried her hair. After a few quiet moments, he stood. “I’m sorry… I… I must go.” He whispered.

“NO!” She cried, and pushed him onto the bed.

They fell in a heap. She landed on top of him, hugging him. Her towel now covering half of her body.

Allen could clearly see her body, but of course he didn’t look. He wrapped the blankets around her and kissed her head. “I’m sorry..”

“You can’t leave.”

Allen sighed and patted her head. “I don’t remember anything, just..” Allen hesitated. I’m Road. Nice to meet you, Allen. He remembered the voice that he heard. Indeed he remembered some of it. Waking up after being eaten by vampires. A girl welcoming him.

Let’s play a game.