Chapter 3

I frantically searched everywhere. The locket, that was all I had in mind. I kicked rocks, looked behind trees, messed up the grass but I couldn't find it. This was the last place I came before I noticed the missing locket around my neck. The locket that kept me alive. It was ten at night so I still had time left before dawn took over and I would burn to death. Unless... the thought hit me so hard as I ran at her house in my inhuman speed.

I climbed the tree and quietly jumped over her balcony. I could hear my love's heart beating steadily as I appeared right in front of her bed in seconds. The speed sent cold wind flying in as she shivered and snuggled closer to her blanket. I swallowed the lump in my throat as I got closer to her. It was hard for me not hold her and caress her face. She must think I didn't like her that night when I avoided looking at her. But what else could I do? I had to resist myself from kissing her. My angel.

The more I got closer to her, I noticed her chest moving up and down, the small breathing she let out every second calmed me down. And then I noticed the locket I'd been searching for hours, placed on her neck. I gently reached my hand out and placed it under her neck, searching for the lock and clicked it open. I slowly brought the locket away from her neck and put it on myself. I smiled and looked over at her. I shook my head and turned around to leave when my feet froze. I looked at her, my love, the one I turned on my humanity for. I walked over to her sleeping body and leaned my head forward. I closed my eyes and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead. I let my lips linger there for some seconds, feeling her skin against mine until I released. She stirred in her sleep, her heartbeat beating rapidly as I realized and vanished away from her sight.

I kissed her. A smile crept upon my face as I made my way towards my house still feeling the warmth of her flesh against my cold lips. We will meet soon Hope, and I intend to make you mine.