Chapter 1: Storm

No fair
You really know how to make me cry
When you give me those ocean eyes

♫ [ Billie Eilish - Ocean Eyes]

The day had been extremely tiring; the bookstore stationery in which Jimin works was in a state of absolute chaos with the start of the semester. Unsuspecting and desperate students crowded the store requiring copies of documents, wanting last minute materials and to improve the situation Wheein, responsible for storing and doing store logistics, had to miss due to a high fever.

Winter is strict this year and Jimin seems smaller than usual with his giant chess scarf giving off countless laps that covers at least half of his face, his hands are trying to stay warm inside Taehyung hodie that is too big for him. He knows he should stop stealing the other boy's clothes, but the size of the blouse reminds him of blankets and he'll need several of those if he wants to survive the season.

Keeping his ritual for stressful days, Jimin pushes the door to the pool dome and enters the calm place. In the morning, the place is busy, because of the students and workers who use them for social programs. However, in the late afternoon, after sunset, when the lights are off, and only the lighting poles outside and the moon are illuminating the place through its glass walls, everything is much more beautiful.

The scent of water comforts Jimin and the blue from swimming pools reflects on the only concrete walls, dancing against it and causing numerous designs. Jimin is approaching the nearest pool when he hears a noise, as he looks to the side, he sees a movement in the water and a body below the surface swim until it reach the other side. When the person emerges from the water, Jimin can see that is a boy and for some excruciating minutes, Jimin watches him rise up on the opposite side of the pool.

The time seems to pause. He's absolutely breathtaking. The boy pulls his wet black hair from his face, and Jimin can see that he has big dark eyes, a not too big mouth- but definitely full- and a well-defined jaw. Looking down, Jimin nearly chokes. The stranger has one of the most marked abdomen he has ever seen - that's a lot considering that Jimin is a dancer - his arms and legs have a definition that can only be reached with a lot of dedication. The cold that he originally felt suddenly makes room for a modest warmth. There is an aura wrapped around him that reminds Jimin of magic and ambiguity, the boy brings simultaneously something calm and fierce, like a light breeze before a disaster. He's gorgeous, Jimin concludes.

The boy looks up and meets Jimin's gaze, his eyes are intense and his face, which reflects the calm movement of the waters, makes him seem surreal and untouchable. Jimin can't keep his gaze for too long and diverts attention ashamed of having been caught staring at the stranger, he feels his face beginning to turn red. To save the moment, he sinks his face into the scarf and crosses the place to the small bleachers, trying to avoid a new strange situation with the other person occupying the space.

Jimin sits in the second row, opens his backpack, pulling out the notebook and his earphone, and then opens the music folder determined to choosing a song and a way to use it for a new choreography; the semester had just begun, but the last thing that Jimin wanted to start procrastinating the dance club, although his major is nursing. There are many problems to solve along with Hoseok, and just remembering the auditions coming next week, brings headaches to Jimin. It doesn't take long for him to become immersed in his task; he keeps his eyes closed trying to assimilate the rhythm of the songs with possible dance steps. There is also the question of lyrics, and he honestly does not know if it is better to use the original song or the instrumental version of it.

Why he thought it would be a good idea to become a dance instructor, focus on college and work on a bookstore, all at the same time, is beyond his understanding capabilities