Chapter 23

"He wants to what!?" Erica demanded slapping her hands on the table and leaning forward to address Derek.

"I said, I think Stiles wants to get married, make things official, and I want to propose."

"Oh my god," she breathed leaning back. "I'm so lonely. I mean...you two, you fuck on a one night stand, he falls pregnant, you have a beautiful baby girl, you end up mated, and you're the best couple ever because you understand one another and you anchor him, he anchors you, and I am completely alone. You're a bunch of assholes and now you're getting engaged to be married. I need someone."

"I don't know...how to propose?"

"It's simple, you buy an engagement ring, you wine and dine him, and you get down on one knee and say I want to marry your cute ass and then you take him to Barbados to fuck him till he screams."

Derek blinked when she grinned at him happily. "I won't take that advice."

"You're best to ask Lydia, she's the best with this stuff, and I'm feeling sad."

They both perked when they heard the car coming in and it was Stiles coming back from the grocery store with Lila. He opened the door and helped him out as he took Lila from him.

"Papa, juice," she demanded patting his cheek.

"Hello," he murmured kissing her forehead and smiling when she went for cuddles and rested her head on his shoulder. "Here, give me that."

Stiles smiled at him in gratitude when he took the grocery bag from him and headed to the kitchen where Erica was waiting for them.

"Erica, what are you doing here?" Stiles questioned shrugging off his jacket and chucking his keys into the bowl on the side.

"I was passing by, feeling bored, and wanted the gossip," she said folding her hands under her chin and sending him an amused smirk. "You two are boring."

"Hey, our lives are a thrill a minute, thank you very much!" Stiles protested helping Derek as they unloaded the groceries and Lila was put in her high chair for juice and a snack. "I'm going for a shower, will you be okay?"

"Sure," Derek answered watching him leave and shot Erica an annoyed look.

"What? I didn't do anything...is he okay?"

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know, he's looking a little...peaky?" she murmured shrugging her shoulders. "I know its autumn and it's getting colder by the day but maybe it's just me."

Derek handed Lila her cup and her fruit before pulling back to consider. Stiles hadn't acted any differently than normal, he was a little more emotional and tended to snap more at him but it wasn't anything that raised alarm bells inside his mind. Stiles was Stiles and he knew if anything was up with him then Stiles would tell him without a doubt. His attention was brought to Erica and Lila to watch them communicate and interact with each other.

"Ca," Lila shouted waving her hands at Erica who nodded.

"Erica, I know it's hard, but Erica," she said tugging at her little hands before brushing her dark hair out of her face. It was longer now, her hair was curly and brushed against her neck.

"Nana," she said smacking her hands against the top and pushing the banana pieces into her mouth.

"Oh you're so adorable," Erica cooed stroking her cheek with her finger.

Derek gave them both a fond look before pulling out his cell and sending a quick message to Lydia.

"I need your help."