Fled

If you want to, come to Rivendell.

I need to talk to you. You need to talk to me.

If you come or not, tell Gem I'm sorry.

-Scott

That was the message that Jimmy found in the chest, in front of his throne room.

He couldn't be exactly sure what it meant, but he was going nonetheless.

Book under his arm, he launched himself into the air and began to fly.

~

Rumors had been flying through the server about Scott Smajor, King of Rivendell. People were saying that he did something to Gem, that he didn't do it on purpose, or that he did.

Some didn't care if he didn't.

Jimmy did.

When he landed in front of Scott's house, he took a minute to look down at the valley beneath him.

And he shivered.

Not from fear, no. It was freezing. Snow was everywhere, and the winding river that had once been at the bottom of the valley was now solid, frozen, ice.

Yet the skies remained cloudless.

"Jimmy" The voice scared him out of his thoughts, sending a chill down his spine. "I wasn't sure you'd come"

Jimmy turned to Scott. His royal attire and crown had been shed for a much warmer, yet still quite elegant look. Snow was littered atop his messy ice blue hair, and a blank expression lay upon his face.

"Of course I'd come" The words were edged with concern. "Everyone's been saying that something's happened with you and Gem-"

Her name was like a trigger, the blank expression tearing into one of guilt.

"Is- is she alright?" Scott asked softly, his eyes focused on his shoes.

"I'm sure she's fine. But this isn't about Gem. Scott, I'm worried about you"

"Don't be" Scott said hardly, falling back into the blank expression. "You won't have to for much longer.

"Scott" Jimmy begged, taking a step towards him, and reaching a hand out.

Scott jerked backwards, taking a few steps back. "Don't touch me"

"Scott, you don't have to do anything, we can fix this, alright?" Jimmy tried, to no avail.

Snow began to fall lightly, and Jimmy looked up. What had been a cloudless sky minutes ago, was now a grey sheet of clouds.

"No, no no no no no" Scott breathed. "Jimmy, you need to leave."

"I'm not leaving, Scott" Jimmy told him. "You don't have to do whatever you're gonna do to yourself"

Tears began to pool in Scott's eyes, wanting so desperately to agree, wanting so desperately to run over, to hold his hand, to kiss him.

But he couldn't.

He never would, never again.

"Jimmy" Scott said softly, the snow beginning to fall harder. "I'm going to leave"

"Why?" The question felt stupid the moment it left Jimmy's mouth. He could tell.

"Can't you see?" Scott begged helplessly. "This is all my fault, Jim, all of it. Gem, the ice, the snow now, it's all me. I can't hurt anyone else"

Jimmy took two steps towards the broken man standing in front of him, who didn't step back.

They were only a few feet apart now. A step or two, and they could touch.

And, to the surprise of both, it was the King of Rivendell who took it.

Jimmy reached out a hand, letting it linger in the air in front of Scott's check.
"Don't" Scott whispered, unmoving. "Don't make this harder than it needs to be."

Jimmy let his hand fall back to his side, before holding it out, lower, to take his hand.

"I know I can't stop you" Jimmy admitted. "So why don't you let us have this moment?"

"Because I can't hurt you. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if you did"
"I know" Jimmy sighed softly, taking a small step.

They were right in front of each other now, and they could feel, and see, the other's breath.

"Is it just your hands?" Jimmy asked.

"Not really" Scott told him.

"So I can't even say goodbye?"

"Jimmy"

"Scott"

"Make it quick"

It wasn't their normal kiss, nor their normal quick kiss either.

This kiss was anger.

It was anger, it was guilt, it was sadness.

All that in a few lingering moments.

"I never should have done this" Scott said. "I never should have been with you"

"Scott" Jimmy took a breath. "I'm not going to stop you. I know that I could get you to stay, I know you would. But I'm not going to. If this is what you think is best... Then I will say goodbye"

The snow was falling hard now, but they could both see each other clearly.

"Goodbye, Jimmy" Scott said softly.

"Goodbye" The word had barely escaped his lips before he was gone.

The King of Rivendell had fled.