one

MELANI

MELANI

"ARE you like absolutely sure about having this roommate? I mean like it said that you will have a roommate but they didn't tell you who. No name, age, nothing." Paige said coming over to Nicole and I's side of the island.

She is always so protective over me. Like I'm just so irresponsible and I don't know what I'm doing. But I mean she isn't wrong, it is sort of weird not knowing anything about this roommate. "I'm pretty sure she'll be fine. She's a smart girl and can make her own decisions so I'm pretty sure she has made the right decision here" Nicole said sort of backing me up.

Paige made her way towards the fridge while Nicole was just sitting on her phone. I move into my new apartment in a week and for now, I'm living with these two. My last place had gotten shut down all of a sudden so everyone had to move out.

I've only been living with them for about a month, and I'm glad they let me stay with them until got my life together. Paige offered to help me pay for another apartment multiple times because they don't want me with a roommate I don't know.

"Nicole shut up. I mean Melani could be rooming with a creep or a girl who has a shit ton of crazy exes who want to kill her. We never know!" I chuckled.

"Okay Paige, now you are overdoing it. I don't think they would put me with someone who wasn't stable enough for this apartment. It's on the nice side of the city, it's modern, recently built, etc. I'll be just fine. And if I don't like my roommate, I'll just find a new place. Simple." I say, walking out of the kitchen.

"Just know I'll be there to meet this roommate!" Paige shouted from the kitchen. All I could do was smile. Was I a bit nervous? Yes. I mean who wouldn't be. I'm about to live with a stranger for god knows how long. What if they are trifling and leave things everywhere? Or maybe a clean freak and yells at me for not putting my drink on a coaster.

I'm just hoping for a great roommate that respects me and my boundaries. That's basically it.

I hear a knock on my door. When I walk towards it and open it, Aaron is standing right there. Aaron has been our friend since middle school. We rarely see him now since he's always "studying" or his excuse is "I have work to do"

"Hey, Melani. We ordered pizza downstairs if you want to join us? There's plenty for all of us." He said, looking at the floor. "Yeah sure, I'll be down there in a minute" I closed the door. I got my phone off the charger, put on my slides, and made my way downstairs.

When I made it I saw Corey, Paige's boyfriend. Paige was always into boys who skate. Ever since she discovered the "Skater Boi" song, she's been hooked. "Hey Corey," I said, eyeing the pizza.

"Oh hey, Melani. I thought you were gone for some reason" I looked at him confused but I brushed it off cause it was really nothing. "You guys. I'm so bored let's go somewhere. it can be anywhere! I'm just tired of staying in this fucking house all day" Nicole said rolling her eyes.