The Future in our Hands

Matteo's alarm went off and half an hour later he stopped it. He did not want to get up, he did not want to go to university. He got agitated for his homework just thinking about it. The only thing that made him get up was his training for Sunday's race on his mountain bike.

At the same time on the other side of the city Victoria woke up as well, but she did so with enthusiasm, because it was the first day of university and she could meet all her friends again, and maybe make some new ones as well.

When Matteo arrived at university he was still anxious because it was his first day in a new school. In the meantime Victoria was already in class talking with her friends and having a chat with the new ones. When Matteo entered the room, there she was a beautiful girl surrounded by people talking and laughing at the same time. Victoria's desire to make new friends pushed her to Matte who was looking at her with huge eyes.

"Hello how are you? What's your name?"asked Matte "Hi I am Victoria and I am fine thanks, what's your name?"replied Victoria "I am new here, can you tell me where room 31 is?" "Yeah sure it's this one here, welcome to your new class." "thanks" "come and sit with me and my friends, come on" "ok"

After class, during the first break, Victoria went to Matte with her friends and everyone introduced themselves: "Hi I am Polly and I am a stylist" "Hi I am Ludo and my favorite sport is gymnastics" "Hi I am Virgi and my favorite sport is volley ball" "Hi my name is Gughi and my favorite sport is skiing" "Hi my name is Lollo and my favorite sport is snowboard" "Hi my name is Orlo and my favorite sport is football" "Hi my name is Matteo and my favorite sport is mountain biking" "MOUNTAIN BIKING" they all screamed together,"it's so cool!!" said Lollo "Awesome!" said Victoria. "amazing!" said Orlo "interesting" said Polly "we are going to be great friends!" Said Gughi "we love it!" Said Ludo and Virgi together. Matteo never thought that people would like it so much. "well I'm going to train this afternoon after school, you could come to try and watch."said Matte

So that's just what they did, after school Polly, Ludo, Virgi, Victoria, Lollo, Gughi, and Orlo followed Matte to the racing track, were he had his coach waiting for him to practice for Sunday's race up in Sestriere. When they arrived his coach Filippo was surprised in seeing so many teens coming up to him, all behind Matteo who had a big smile on his face, because of the friends he had made that very first day of school!

Matteo rode and rode all the first part of the afternoon, with all of his new friends watching him amazed by his capacity of riding that beast into jumps and throw parabolics. After that Matte made everyone of his new friends try, even the girls wanted to do it.

Finished riding, they all went to a pub, for everyone of them it was the third time they went with friends. Then they waved goodbye and all went off on their road back home to sleep because the next day would be another hard day of university.

The second day of university Matte woke up smiling ready to meet his new friends. Before going out he thought how lucky he had been the day before, meeting some unknown people and straight away becoming friends with them.

That same day after school they all came together and talked about their past, when it came to Matte's turn he told the guys this important thing:"my life has changed radically in the past 8 years, ever since I found out about my great great great grandparents who accidentally turned a sphere and made a spell of destruction of the world that in 3 years time, will destroy everything unless I manage to find the sphere and undo the spell by turning the sphere again. The problem is that there was somebody else I need to find before turning the sphere.The person I need to find is the descendant of a certain Luke who was also present with my great great great grand parents on that terrible day. I don't know how to find him or her! Could you guys help me?"