11. The Engagement

Sofia Zanetti - POV

Sofia Zanetti - POV

Friday.

It was Friday, the day i have been dreading for the past couple of weeks. I mean anything to do with Lorenzo i instantly dreaded but today was no other than my Engagement party with him.

It felt like time was going faster than usual, the days came by and left like the blink of an eye. The past two weeks I had spent most of my time with different Italian stylists and tailors who had come all the way to New York just to tailor me the perfect gown for the engagement. I loved fashion, dressing up and trying new clothes but the mere fact that it was because I was being forced into a marriage had me sick to the stomach.

My mother on the other hand was loosing sleep over planning the whole party. But she wasn't complaining. She wanted it to be perfect. When you have a perfectionist mother, you just let her be.

The party was to take place at the our Estate so this morning the house was busier than usual. There was chefs cooped up in the kitchen, preparing all sorts of Hors D'oeuvre and dishes. Professional bartenders had also arrived this morning, they were to serve exotic cocktails, tequila shot and strong liquor throughout the night.  Sebastian had also taken the reigns in preparing the alcohol, which wasn't the best idea my mother had. He had gone overboard and ordered one too many Clase Azul crates. My father as usual showed his distaste to Sebastians taste in drinks.

I had not met Lorenzo or seen him since our last encounter. After he left me on my bedroom balcony before cupping me ever so inappropriately between the legs, leaving me unsettled and hot.

But I knew he did come in and out of the house as I noticed his car out front. But luckily he didn't get lost in the estate and find himself in my bedroom again. It was better like that, I didn't want to ruin my last few days by seeing his face or hearing his voice.

He had messaged me after he had hacked into my phone and texted himself through it. I found out he had tried to get my number, which all he had to do was ask but decided to hack into my entire phone.

I had not met his mother, Rosalina. yet, so god knows how she was like. I prepared myself for the worst judging by her son. But who knows she may be the sweetest person on earth who just happened to birth a devil.

I sat in front of the mirror at my vanity table, staring at my reflection. My makeup was done as well as my hair. It was all perfect. My black hair was curled and tied into a low bun. My face was simple yet elegant, gold shimmer on my eyes along with a brown wing of eyeliner and dark red lips to compliment my gown.

I would be lying if I said I was feeling fine. I felt like I was going to puke. Ever since I woke up I couldn't get rid of that feeling of nausea. And I knew this feeling wasn't going to fade. In three weeks I was going to be walking down the aisle.

I just knew it was going to come by fast which made me feel even worse.

Three weeks and I would be his. I was his property. Owned by a Russo and living under his roof. I would be moving into his house alone. God that had my stomach twisting.