Chapter 8

He began crying once again, as he did finally realize his feelings. But maybe a bit too late. He helped Simon as he put him in one of the infirmary beds. Making sure he had laid him down properly. Zhehan stood up to leave the place. Before he left he turned around one last time " And to answer you, I do, I do like... love you" He said wiping the tears that flowed down to his cheeks as he rushed out of the infirmary. " I hope we never meet each other " He mumbled under his breath making his way through his car.

It has been a week since Zhehan had seen Simon, in fact after the fate string had cut off it was as though even if he had wanted to see him he couldn't " I knew it there's no such thing as true love" he mumbled to himself. Even though his eyes were going over the words in the book that he was reading, yet his thoughts were all stuck upon Simon. He kept blaming the string for meeting Simon and now his mental peace was disturbed because of it, even though the string was cut off he still was thinking about Simon.

He sighed, closing his book in frustration. He decided to attend the classes instead of spreading his time thinking about someone whom he had no chance with. He felt even with the string of fate he had no chance with Simon and now that the string was cut he had zero chances.

He returned to class because he wasn't paying attention to the book. As he stood up, he noticed Simon and his friends entering the library. Because Zhehan was on the first floor, his gaze was drawn to Simon, who was standing there elegantly selecting books. As he did so, a woman stood beside him, and Zhehan smiled, "I knew I made the right choice," he said as he walked back to his chair to retrieve his bag. As he did so, he left for his class.

Meanwhile, Simon sat back beside his friend, even though his hands flipped through the pages, his eyes stared at the book blankly and sighed, his friend who sat beside him patted his shoulder seeing Simon sigh, "What happened?" he asked in a hushed tone since they were in the library. Simon shook his head, "Nothing," and his friend rolled his eyes, "Clearly something happened, what happened?" Simon sighed again and looked at his friend, "I've been trying to talk to Zhehan, but I'm not able to meet him as frequently as I used to," his friend narrowed his brows.

 "Why do you want to talk to him? Did anything happen?" Simon nodded, "I confessed to him." His friend's eyes widened in surprise as he stood up and banged the table, "WHAT?!?" Simon panicked and pulled him down, hushed him, and spoke in a low tone, " Shut up! I'll tell you later," Simon said as his friend nodded while the two returned to their books.

Later ...

" So tell me what happened? How did it happen? WHEN DID IT HAPPEN?!" Simon laughed seeing how curious his friend was. " Well you guys all know Simon from the Chinese literature seminar right? I actually knew him way before that ... ".

Simon's POV ...

It was the freshman year of our university and I had just broken up with Yanmei after 5 years of relationship with her, it was heart wrenching for me as I thought that she was my everything, turns out she didn't think the same, I was sitting at the entrance fountain in the cold and couldn't fathom the thought that my relationship ended just like that, when I sat in that cold whipping my tears, someone gave me a tissue and I looked up, it was Zhehan.

He sat beside me while I used the tissue to wipe my tears and my running nose. Zhehan didn't look at me the entire time, I thought maybe he didn't like seeing someone cry, but turns out he just felt maybe as a guy I would feel uncomfortable realizing someone had seen me cry. After I was done wiping my tears. Zhehan finally looked at me, he sighed giving me the hot cocoa he had in his hand, I did hesitate at first, but seeing him being kind I unknowingly took it. Zhehan began to speak.

" Look I don't know why you're crying, but I can sense it might be a break up, the thing is not everyone is meant o end up with that one special person that they think, we all have one destined person for us, they may not come in your life right then and there, but the journey which you take to meet them is for you to experience what love is, what pain is, what you can do to make someone happy, if you know all of these before you meet that one right person for you, you will be forever happy with them the same way they will be happy with you".

At first I couldn't understand him, he talked like some old philosophical person and I just simply smiled at him. We parted ways after that or so I thought. I found myself seeing him everywhere, he was not weird by any chance, just an old soul person who liked to enjoy his time alone and talked very less and somehow would find his way to every heartbroken person, he would consolidate them and sometimes buy them coffee as well. I found this sweet nature of his attractive, at first I didn't realize it, but I slowly started liking him.

I would gather my courage every time to confess how I liked him, but I would freak out because I thought he might find it disgusting that a guy was asking him out. So I decided to hide my feelings for him, this continued for the next two years. One day I saw a woman asking him out, it really angered me, it was the fact that I couldn't do what she did and she exactly was the type any guy would like. But thankfully he rejected her, knowing how popular he was and how girls would flood him to confess day in and out, I decided enough was enough and I needed to confess my love.

So when the opportunity came, it was me who put forth the idea of calling Zhehan for the Chinese Literature Seminar, knowing that he was the favorite and the top student of the professor he was sent for the seminar and I took this opportunity, to create opportunities after opportunities to meet him just to confess my feelings. It was me who purposely created the competition based on Chinese Literature and pretended to ask help from Zhehan, it was who purposely got stuck in the library making him stuck with me as well. It was me who threw a party just so I could meet Zhehan who kept avoiding me for unknown reasons.

But for some reason, the more I tried getting closer to him, the more he went away from me which made me frustrated. It was as though if I found any open door for me to get in, Zhehan would immediately shut me out which irritated me. I was angry. Not at Zhehan but towards me. It was then I realized the feelings I had for Zhehan had long developed from like to love which pushed me to confess my love. I don't know what is making Zhehan to not understand my feelings for him, but I knew he liked me for sure by the way he acted, I just knew he didn't hate me. And I was right when I heard him confess while in the infirmary.

End of Simon's POV ...

" So don't you guys get together, like be in a relationship?" his friend asked, Simon sighed once again " See that's the problem there, something is bothering Zhehan I know that for sure, cause he now clearly knows that I like him and I clearly know he likes me as well, but I have no clue why he doesn't want to act of his feelings" Simon sighed once again, his friend patted his shoulder " Well this is more complex than I imagined" Simon nodded, as he did his friend smiled clapping his hand, starling Simon " I have an idea!" Simon narrowed his brows " What is it?" his friend smirked " Well... It involves a little bit of acting from your side" Simon looked at him with a confused expression while his friend continued to smirk.  

***

To Be Continued ...