The First Case

I studied in Singapore after I graduated high school. I studied human body, autopsions, and forensics. I graduated with the best score in the whole university. I started becoming a detective that solve mysteries and cases. My payment was only $6 a case. That was my salary for today. Today I got my first case.

A woman in black leathered jacket came to me at 8:40 P.M today. The case was like this : She was going to the supermarket to buy some fruits. When she arrived at home, she found out her husband had been murdered. She wanted me to found out who did that.

"Well, mam, it's hard to know who the killer is if there are no clues. Can u please take me to the murder scene?"

"Sure"

I arrived in an old cabin near the forest. I looked at this woman's husband. There were lots and lots of scars. Blood was everywhere. I could tell from the scars they were cut scars. They are scars that are caused by sharp materials with sharp edges such as cutter, knife, and others, but they do not leave a bruise. There was a knife on the sofa. The murderer must have left it. Here was a sign on the knife: 'H'

I asked her,"Mary, does he ever had some sort of like a grudge or anger or hatred between anyone?"

"Yes. Last week he killed a gang member from Haymitch's gang because they mocked him. I think I heard he killed a someone named 'Anthony' . I know where his house is. I'll lead you there."

After walking for 20 minutes around the forest, we arrived at a spooky looking house. It must have been left out for years I guess. I found someone there. I asked,"Are you a member of he Haymitch gang?"

"Yes. Why? How could I help you?"

"Is this your knife?" pointing out  the knife I found on the sofa.

"Yes! Why thank you. I'm John. I lost it a few weeks ago. Where did you find it?"

"I found it in the crime scene. It was used to kill this woman's husband. Do you perhaps kill that man?"

"What! Kill what man? I've never commited murder my entire life. I swear! Ok here I'll tell you the truth. The new gang member, Davis borrowed my knife 2 weeks ago. I know for a fact that Anthony is Davis' best friend. I'll tell you he is a noob at this thing. He never did any crime before. I bet he doesn't were gloves. You should check the fingerprints on the knife.

After I checked the fingerprints on the knife handle, I found some fingerprints. I went to Davis' house. I asked him,"Are you Davis?"

"Yes.

"Do you so happen to borrow this knife from John and use it to murder this woman's husband?"

"What?! Murder this woman's husband? No way!"

"Then may I  check your fingerprints?"

"Sure." he answered with a shaking voice.

"The results are in. You are arrested for murdering this woman's husband. The fingerprint check and the fingerprints on the knife are very identical. Except that on the knife was slightly different because you were sweating."

"Ok. I admit it. I was the murderer. I don't want to be haunted with the guilty feeling anymore."

I took him to the police. His punishment was jail for 3 years.

That, was just my first case.