One Step Back (justmeiseng)

Story by: justmeiseng

Author of:

"Moonstruck"

Title of the story: "One Step Back"

Song: "Happy For You" by Jayda

Bittersweet,I say these words that have no meaning,I'm alive but I'm barely breathing,Deep down insideMy heart is grieving

Bittersweet,
I say these words that have no meaning,
I'm alive but I'm barely breathing,
Deep down inside
My heart is grieving
....

10:59pm, 12.19.21

Yue sighed, blankly starring at the stars from her open window. The cold breeze of December kisses her beautiful face as she was about to finally close her sleepy eyes when her phone buzzed.

She, again, sighed knowing who it might be sending her a message at this hour.

I 'm outsside

"What in the world is this man doing?" She asked herself, standing from her table to open up the door for her best friend.

"Ahhh, finally!" Says Dylan as soon as the door opened. He headed over the nearest sofa in the room.

"Hey, hey, your shoes!" Yue yelled, walking quickly towards Di to take his shoes off before they could even touch her precious sofa.

"Thanksh," he said with a smile, finally laying himself down.

"You idiot." She replied.

Yue stood just right beside him, watching her best friend. He looked drained than drunk as what she observes.

She knows what brought him to her house. And she definitely knows why he is like this

again.

"You two haven't talked yet?" She asked.

Di chuckled. "Sh-she said, she doesn't warnt me back,"

Her reaction softens as she look at him. She feels sad seeing him this way. But at the same time, she feels somehow...glad.

"Just give her some time off. Don't go showing yourself to where she is. Stop following her around for now." Yue said as she place his shoes on the rack.

"..and before you know it, she'll be in your arms again." She continued.

"and..what if she won't miss me?" Di asked, eyes closed while hugging a throw pillow.

"If you're really for eachother, no matter what happens ..you'll end up together,"

"Destiny's magic?" He said with a little laugh at the end.