Author's Note, some lore clarification, & character descriptions for the squad

Edit: heavily outdated. Book on hold until I actually finish N&M.

Another edit: apologies if editing made your comment lose it's spot :flop:

Man, I've never had anything so absolutely demand to get written. The parts do tend to get long (everything I write is long), and upon reread I think they're slightly melodramatic, but I guess the final opinion is up to you guys there. Writing advice is welcome :) including if plot seems too slow or smth. Lmk how I'm doing in the comments :D

Anyways this has been fun, if slightly stressful. Thanks to everyone who already made fanfic, whose ideas gave me the courage to keep going! Also thanks to everyone who gave feedback!!

***A note that this is not done & parts will actually likely be somewhat rewritten once I start updating again. I dont think anything major will change; itll probably just get a little shorter- especially Found & Consequences. These were all very early fics & I have a better idea of how pacing works now. That means this is slightly out of date as well- but honestly not by much. 

I had these color coordinated to the pov and I'm sad now that I realize I cant keep that. 

The base of this is close to Nightmares and Memories (N&M), but both got updated. There's also more here because there's more than like, three or four characters. Will also likely change as I write more.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This should be fairly obvious, but this is a fanfic. So, here's some clarification/extended backstory/my view on the stick figures & their world within Alan's videos. Most of this will be obvious in story. I hope. 

This is predominantly set after AvA 5: The Showdown, meaning (according to the discord conversations) its also somewhere in the minecraft timeline. we're going to say it all worked out perfectly & we're somewhere after season 2 before season 3, and ignore the 3-year timeskip between Nightmares and Memories and where we are right now that probably negates everything I just said-

Inside Alan's computer, physics is complicated. It's functionally a 3d cube to the sticks and approximately a 2d square to Alan- he can only see the closest layer to the screen; so while the stick figures can hop between folder layers and tabs and do stuff there, Alan has to click there to see them. Going into documents and folders without opening them...uh... something something, bigger on the inside, pocket dimensions, technological sci-fi words. The computer screen exists as a definitive, solid transparent wall for them, and they can see the outside world on the other side. Likewise, the sides of the box are black walls, but breaking any of these would probably warp reality worse than it already is in there. There's a back, but it gets darker and messier the farther back you go from the screen so they tend to stay closer to the front, and none of them have bothered to sort through the mess to actually find a back wall yet.

The stick figures can pull stuff out of images (that's mainly where Green gets his LEGO sets from, although he still assembles them himself). 

They live in minecraft houses. Blue cooks, for the most part, on the minecraft grill outside. The initial tunnel to Yellow's roller coaster has expanded into a side cavern they call the basement, and Yellow has claimed as a lab. He's got a couple of computers they pulled from google images, and a lot of random junk he & Green try to find a use for. The rest of the squad stores miscellaneous junk in a side closet, but they're careful about what they leave because things frequently get lost/absorbed into Yellow's projects.

Characters! Mostly the same but with slightly extra lore trying to tie stuff together; meant to work with the videos. Except Dark, who's alive now; that's a pretty big change. Genders are headcanon/AU.