09

Seven months have already passed.

"Where are we again?" I asked as I was rather confused than surprised when I was starting to feel the sand enter my boot. 

Months earlier we battled storms of snow and cold but now we're facing a country wrapped in sand and dust which hereby I come to a conclusion that we are in Asia. "We're in India, Hira."

"What?" I happened to get trouble hearing Ran's answer as I was having a thin piece of cloth in my head, wrapping the posterior side of my fore. It covered my ears as well and that explains the misery of my response.

Ran took a stop just to clarify and enlighten me with his answer. "India! I-N-D-I-A! The Land of Mystery and Diversity, haven't you heard of that?"

"You know you don't have to shout, don't you?" I uttered when I was shocked to hear his elevated voice in the middle of nowhere. "...and to answer your question, no! I haven't heard such a name."

"Well, welcome to India, My Lady." he nodded and soon went back to his route but I did not have enough bullets of words to fire him so I decided to answer back.

I looked back and saw some of the crewmen a bit far from the track I was on. "Thanks, Keinan."

With the response I had, Ran couldn't help but threaten me with his glare. I pushed my lips to the side when I found his reaction silly. "Of course, you'd say that."

"And by the way!" I raised my voice to catch Ran's attention as he decided to walk faster than his normal pace, and so, I succeeded. "Why are they coming with us?" I asked.

Ran stopped walking and waited for me to catch up in order for us to speak within our normal ranges. When I got by his side, we walked together. "Captain Stain said that there's something he'd like to obtain here in India," he explained.

"Do you mind telling me what it is?" I uttered.

He looked behind and observed their distance before answering my question. "It's a chest."

"A chest?" I repeated.

Ran nodded and continued to speak. "Yes, it contained one of the most over-priced weapons in the world held by one of the most respected dukes," he explained, and with the eye-opener feeling, I felt, my eyes showed evidence.

"Most over-priced weapons?" I repeated again.

"Along with the weapons lie bars of gold, Captain didn't come here for the weapon, he aims for the gold to be in his hands." Ran continued to tell the tale while we were walking and I was very interested so I listened thoroughly.

"Gold?" the things I decided to repeat were the words that came so fumingly hanging.