Chapter 1: The garage

"Ringggg Ringggg" I awoke to the loud ringing coming from my phone. "Dang it" I cursed as I climbed out of my bed to check my phone.
As soon as I saw O'Conner flash across the screen I immediately answered. "Elli! Did you forget it's Sunday?? Get up, come over here! We've got a lot to do before the barbecue!",I heard Jack practically scream at me (which was very unnecessary this early in the morning). "Alright,alright I'm coming!" I stated before I hung up.

I took a shower to officially wake myself up then got dressed in my usual garage clothes,a black t-Shirt,a flannel and overalls. Then packed my Sunday dress,in my backpack,before grabbing my Keys and went downstairs. "Aunt Kelly!! I'm going to Jacks!" I called informing her before I took off. "Elizabeth wait. Don't forget the potato salad and pie you made!" she reminded me. I cursed myself before turning around and grabbed the food off the counter I made for the barbecue later today. Man I'm really out of it today.
At Jack's house the Sunday barbecue was a traditional thing and always was,so I took it upon myself to bring something for them,because they were basically my family since I spent everyday over at their house.

I hopped out of the house and basically flew to my car. It always gave me a rush of excitement. I loved every time I got behind the wheel of it. My red dodge charger was a special sixteenth birthday party gift from jack's uncle Dom.(Even though he's jacks uncle. I still call him uncle Dom, because they've known me practically since I was born.) He practically restored the car from nothing.

I put my backpack with my clothes and the food in the back and drove over to jacks house. I got out and grabbed my bag. All of a sudden I was basically picked up and tossed into the garage. "Jackkkk!!" I screamed causing a scene. As soon as I saw that almost everyone was in the garage I flushed. Jack couldn't contain his laughter at me embarrassing myself. I slugged him in arm and he cried out in pain.

"Yo Get over here! Make yourself useful" Dom yelled,making us jump. We made our way over to the Mazda RX-7 that Dom was working on. "What we got here?" Jack asked as he moved aside to let me over. "I'm adding in a V8 engine and changing the spark plugs" Dom told us and we got straight to work.

We ended up spending about four hours in the garage, and at one point fixed Mrs.Porter, The old lady who lived down the street's,Catalytic converter in her Subaru, for no charge of course. We all tried to help her out as much as possible,seeing as her husband passed away a couple months ago and it was really not a hard job at all.