Innocent Love

Jinyoung and Jaebeom were back as JJ Project just like Jinyoung had said and Jackson stayed up on the release day to check out the music video. Saying he was proud was an understatement. 

-"As expected of JJP!" he posted in their group chat among the many other congratulatory messages of the other members. "The music video and the song made me so nostalgic!" 

He loved that of those two members; that they were so humane that anyone at all would relate to the song, making them feel seen. But that capacity to move others through music, Jackson didn't think he could pull that. His sole reason of debuting solo was to show that he wasn't cheap, that he was worth something in the industry, that he debuted in South Korea because he was genuinely interested in being a good artist, that he was not just the jokester of the group. And with that, he wanted to be an encouragement to his fans.

He remembered Jinyoung saying he's actually a way more negative of a person but Jackson thought he was realistic and more grounded. While Jinyoung saw what he lacked in himself, Jackson saw what he could actually achieve. That much was clear through their music and Jackson smiled at the thought of it. 

Putting aside his affection for his members, Jackson concentrated on his schedule of the next day. Around dinner with his few staffs, they discussed and joked about their work. The next day, he had an OST recording. He had never sang for an animation movie before but he was glad he could show more of what he's capable. This was his beginning and he was all fired up for it. 

Next day, studio recording. He was on time, looked over the lyrics and listened to the style they were going for, the sample, practiced and recorded while listening to the advices of the producer. It took him a while since he wasn't used to singing ballad of all genre but he liked the experience. He thought how diversity would do him good and still went over lines practice even during his breaks to get it right. Going home into the night with a late dinner with his own producer, they brainstormed his debut concept and music video. He still had some more recordings to do for the song but he loved being occupied by his job. 

He knew what spurred him on to writing this song and he knew what he had to do to make his message come across even though it might look like a cheap petty move. 

-"Like western rappers music videos without the women all over the screen?" laughed his producer, "Aren't you drunk?" 

-"You do know my reasons so we'll put all that aside and make a hit like they didn't expect me to." 

-"Your Pepsi commercial was a hit enough, this will work. Also, you do know who I am right?" 

-"Right." laughed Jackson. 

He was drunk for a fact. But that somehow cleared his head and he felt more in touch with his emotions of the moment. He was not moving on from his group, he'll never do that because he loved them. But his solo works to prove his worth, he knew it would take a lot of work. But he was determined to prove that he can be a good artist. He did not leave a promising athletic career to be treated as if he doesn't have a passion for music. 

Oh the passion of youth, like they say. 

~~

Forgot the essence of the story and real life isn't doing me good. sorry if this chapter is short and so not well fleshed out. I honestly want to write. i wished i didn't have a perfectionist complex or smth.