Chapter 1

"Time for school" Jake walke over to me. "Now". "But I'm tired, you made me stay up all night-" "hush." he cut me off. "Get ready, you can't miss your first day". I get up. I walk into the bathroom, and -as normal- he has my clothes there for me. I put them on. This sucks.

When I walked into school all eyes we're on me. Jake is a year older than me, so I don't have to worry about seeing him. Phew. I'm the new kid in the school, I gotta keep a low profile, and smile. I put my hat down over my eyes and accidentally walk into someone. I lift my hat "oops". He looks startled, he was reading a book. "Sorry" I said. His dyed purple hair matches everything, he has great style. "It's ok. I'm Alex" he says with his hand out. "I-im Milo" I shake his hand. "Nice to meet you Milo" he nods. "Do you want a tour?" he asks. "No I'm good" I say. "Are you sure, your gonna get lost?" he says. I nod. I didn't want anymore interaction. My first class is math, and it says how to get there from the main doors. Oh how I hate math, I'm better at writing. At least English is my second class. As I'm going up the stairs someone yells "hey, new kid!" i look. "I'm Brianna! Wanna be friends!?" she yells. The boy next to her is using sign language 'don't, she's bratty' he signed. " what about him?" I point at him, he smiles. " he's mute, nobody likes him! " she says."well I'll be friends with him" she walks away, waving her hands in disgust. 'I told you' he signs. "Yeah, yeah. What's your first class?" I ask him. 'Math' he signs. " oh cool me too.". We walked there together. Then I remembered, everybody loves new kids until about a month in, than they see who they really are. So I'll be mysterious. "New kid, introduce yourself" the teacher said. Egg does everybody call me that? "I'm Milo and I'm 16" I walked to the empty seat beside that boy. Someone leaned over to me. "Why sit by luke? He's mute". I ignored it. The teacher started teaching. I guess it's time to tell you my backstory now.

Before I lived here, I was in Texas. My mom, Freda, and me were going for a walk. Someone saw us and yelled "it's the whisperers!" and than police everywhere. -before I continue the story, a shadow whisperer is a creature that can do many things, you can tell if someone is one if their eyes look or turn green in a type of lighting- they shot my mother 15 times. At the first one I ran and hid.

'Milo, time to go to English' Luke shook me and signed. "Already?" I asked. 'You fell asleep' he said.