Untitled Part 2

How to stay Tranquil in Tagaytay City, Philippines

By Elizabeth Ann Quirino

I’ll share a secret. I found a great find for a perfect private place to relax. Tucked away in a quiet corner of the sky in Tagaytay City, Philippines, is a haven for privacy-seekers: The Inn at Cliffhouse Tagaytay.

 It is private, luxurious, secluded and calming. It was a haven to rest my weary soul.

It was just a week since I landed in tropical Manila. The 20+ hour plane ride from the USA east coast, the rushed schedules, since I got to the city had my head in a tizzy. I love going back to visit the country of my roots, but the heat and the traffic jams got me all wound up.

The promise of a heavenly weekend of rest and relaxation lured me. An invitation to The Inn at Cliff house Tagaytay came from a dear friend. Jennie insisted I come and told me she had the corner suite waiting just for me.

The Sunday drive to Tagaytay City, 55 kilometers south of Manila, took only 1 and 1/2 hours from Manila.  Tagaytay is located in the province of Cavite. My best friend Lily took the drive with me. We got to the resort city in no time. Immediately, I felt the cooler weather prevail. It is a popular vacation destination, known for its cooler weather and scenic view of the world famous Taal volcano.

“Are you near The Inn yet?” asked Jennie in a text message. She sent a flurry of messages with directions to The Inn.  The place was easy to find on Kilometer 58, General Emilio Aguinaldo Highway, Maharlika East.

As soon as we checked in, our bags were efficiently whisked away by the friendly staff. We were warmly welcomed by Belen, the cheerful innkeeper, Belen. She invited us to sit and have a snack. A tall, tempting, sumptuous ice cream sundae was served to us at the lobby. 

Beneath the cozy set of restaurants and shops, we were led to our room. What I liked was the private access exclusive only for The Inn’s guests. The assigned key cards were issued to us, as room guests. That heralded a good sense of seclusion and security. I knew I didn’t have to worry about a thing.

The luxurious hallways that led to the rooms welcomed us with their serene, sophisticated palette of natural tones.  The interiors were tasteful and definitely magnificent.

Our room was perfectly appointed. It was breathtaking. We were given the Minot’s Ledge Suite. It is a 100-square meter corner suite with a private terrace and outdoor Jacuzzi.

There were two large, lush queen- sized beds with the most luxurious linen and pillows. The room expanse was so huge, the opulence was unmistakable. If private luxury was all that mattered to you, this was the suite for you.

There was a large, comfortable sofa and sitting area, and nearby, a well equipped desk and FREE Wi-Fi for any business needs. What a welcome it was to find fully stocked snacks in the mini bar. And undeniably one of the best features we enjoyed:  a large flat-screen TV with the promise of the latest free movies available.

The huge bedroom opened up to a private balcony with an amazing lakeside view. At the corner of the private balcony, you are treated to your own Jacuzzi for use any time you wish.

I zoned out of the world for a few good hours that night, on my comfortable bed. When I woke up and peeked through the balcony curtains, I was astounded by the beauty of nature right there in front of me. Could a day get better than this?

Yes, it did. The day just got better when the promise of a hearty 3-course full breakfast was within sight. Part of the room rate includes a glorious breakfast to start the day right. So my secret is out. If you want to stay tranquil in Tagaytay City while in the Philippines, head on to the lush, luxurious The Inn at Cliffhouse Tagaytay.