ƬЩӨ

"Maybe if we negotiate with SM-"

"When has that ever worked?"

"You didn't see him, he looked dead. And the lights were off then..."

"So there was a high chance you saw it wrongly."

Jaemin patted his boyfriend's back lightly, leaning on his shoulder. The door to their room opened slightly at that moment, before Chenle's head poked around the wooden plank. "Hyung, me and Jisung are going to the practice room." Jaemin looked up from where he was playing with Jeno's hand, nodding his head quickly. "Remember to bring him back. We have recording later tonight." Chenle held up a peace sign, leaving immediately while Renjun came in. Jaemin sighed, making a mental note to ask the manager to pick the two younger ones up later in the day.

"Why are you so sad." Renjun watched the couple from where he was squatting, his hands deep in one of Jeno's drawers. Jaemin shrugged, gesturing at Jeno with his eyes. Jeno had his eyes closed, trying to rid the picture of Mark from his mind. How had none of the staff not complained about Mark's appearance or told him he needed to gain weight, Jeno didn't know. Before, the light coming from the hallway was dim, only peeking through the small crack left by the open door. But Jeno could see his friend clearly. Mark looked so skinny, it was as if he never ate what Jaemin passed to him. His eyes were red and tired, and his body hunched into itself, making Jeno feel much bigger than he actually was. Mark had shoved him a bright red hoodie with 'Teddy' written in big, bubble fonts on the front. He shoved Jeno out of his room after that, slamming the door on his face.

Opening his eyes suddenly, Jeno sat up, almost pushing Renjun off the bed in the process. Both Renjun and Jaemin stared at him expectantly, waiting for him to say something. But Jeno just lay back down, curling himself into a more comfortable position. A light snore helped Renjun confirm that Jeno was sound asleep.

Renjun's attention diverted to Jaemin, who had left his position from beside Jeno to clean up the mess Renjun had made.

"What happened?"

"Jeno entered Mark's room just now."

A soft 'ah' came from Renjun. Silence filled the room for a few seconds after.

"How is he? Mark?"

"I'm not sure. Jeno said he looked skinny and tired. SM really need to up their game when it comes to taking care of their idols."

"We'll see during the recordings today."

"Yeah-" Jaemin's voice cracked, quickly clearing his voice before finishing the sentence with a 'we'll see.'

A few hours later, Jaemin found himself standing in front of a ribbon microphone, headphones on as he waited for the man outside to single him. Jeno and Renjun were outside, reading through the lyrics as he waited for his turn. "Ok, Jaemin. I'll play the music now." Jaemin held a thumbs up, clearing his throat. Pushing all his thoughts to the back of his head, Jaemin made sure to do his best. All questions and wondering of how Mark was, if Jeno still felt sick... they all disappeared from his mind as he focused on getting the lines right.

"Okay, good work. You're done." Jaemin thanked the elder, exiting the room as he combed his hair back. "Jeno, you're up in 5 minutes."

Jaemin pecked his boyfriend on the lips as he took a gulp of water, looking around the practically empty room. Renjun was on his phone, texting someone in Chinese. "Where are the others?" Jeno stood up, scratching the behind of his neck as he got ready to enter the stall.

"Chenle was hungry, so they went to get something to eat."

"Why is he always hungry?"

"They're growing."

"Jisung is 18."

"Exactly."

Jaemin gave up fighting with Jeno, leaving the room to go find his members. Guessing they would be around the vending machine, Jaemin headed in the direction, bowing politely at the staff he met along the way. Sure enough, the boy found his two beloved members next to the big machine, huddled together.

"Hyung! Did you see Mark hyung?" Chenle gestured Jaemin over, pointing at someone in the distance. Jisung was holding onto Chenle's hand tightly, and when Jaemin came closer, he gripped Jaemin's shoulder with an extreme amount of force. Jaemin winced at the pain but didn't say anything. Jaemin looked over in the direction, squinting a bit to get a closer look at the person in all black.

"Are you sure that's him?"

Chenle nodded his head vigorously. "What happened to him?" Jaemin fell his breath hitch. Maybe Jeno was right.

They needed to talk with SM immediately.

Mark glared at Jeno and Jaemin from the other side of the room, biting his lips nervously when they looked his way. Turning his attention to the window in front of him, Mark watched Renjun sing his part of the song, finding the boy cute when he scrunched his nose in frustration.

Realizing what he had just thought, Mark slapped his cheeks lightly. What was he thinking, Haechan would be jealous if he knew this.

Mark smiled a the thought of the honey skinned boy, giggling to himself as he played with his fingers. His little sunshine. Who needed Renjun when Haechan was always waiting at the dorm (his room, specifically), ready to cuddle and kiss. Haechan was everything Mark wanted and more, and he wasn't going to take anything for granted. His little sunshine. That was what Haechan was. Mark pondered for a second. Maybe it was his hidden sunshine instead. Haechan hardly left Mark's room, he always said he liked the atmosphere there. Mark thought it was weird, but he never questioned it, he was sure his sunshine had his reasons.

"Mark, you're up."

Looking up from his hands, Mark quickly brushed the imaginary dust off his pants. Adjusting his cap, he entered the recording booth.

Let's show them what he's got.

Dude, I couldn't find any nomin photos that fit the size T_T 

Author 💎