ƬΉЯΣΣ

A door squeaked loudly as it was opened and the creaking of the floorboard told Renjun that someone was walking down the hallway without the need of turning around. "Whoever it is, help set the table please." Not looking behind him, Renjun held out exactly five pairs of chopsticks, as he resumed scavenging the drawers for some serving spoons. A soft hand took the wooden sticks, but the person didn't move from his position behind Renjun. Renjun assumed he was counting the pairs. "There are five there, I counted." Eyes finally landing on some metal spoons, Renjun pushed the things in the drawer away to pull them out from underneath the mountain of utensils (they usually just shoved everything inside the drawer).

Someone cleared his throat.

"I think you might need six pairs."

Renjun shifted uncomfortably in his seat, looking around the table. The usual empty seat next to him was filled today, much to everyone's surprise. Staring at the plates piled up with food in front of him, Renjun picked up his chopsticks cautiously and reached over the plate of fried vegetables in front of him to grab a slice of pork, placing it in the bowl next to his.

"You should eat more."

Someone nudged him in the elbow. "I want one too." Renjun rolled his eyes, pushing Chenle's bowl away from him. "Get it yourself then."

"But-"

"I'm not your servant."

Jaemin, who was sitting opposite Renjun, giggled at the comment. Soon, the dining room filled with loud laughter (Jaemin's giggles are very contagious), Chenle stamping his feet repeatedly on the floor. Even the stiff figure next to Renjun let out a few chuckles.

"Come on, the food is getting cold."

The tense atmosphere was gone after that, everyone digging into the food cooked by their manager (who had some exceptional talent for cooking, especially when it wasn't considered necessary in the job description). "Renjun's right though, you should eat more." Jaemin pushed the plate of fried eggs in the eldest boy's direction. Mark smiled at Jaemin — a tired one, but it still counted — and picked up a piece, placing it in his mouth. "Are you joining movie night?" Mark swallowed what he was chewing, nodding his head. Jaemin smiled and continued piling Jisung's bowl with meat and vegetables. Out of the corner of his eyes, Renjun caught Jeno placing the last fried egg in Chenle's bowl, ruffling his hair after that. Renjun pouted, stabbing a piece of meat in his bowl. Chewing it more aggressively than needed, Renjun accidentally bit his lips in the process. Cursing under his breath, he glared at the piece of meat Jeno was feeding Chenle. He wasn't jealous, not really. But he wanted to be babied too.

After dinner, all of them gathered in the living room, getting comfortable. Chenle and Jaemin each had a plushie in their arms, Jaemin snuggling closely with Jeno while Chenle lay down, taking up at least half of the big couch. Renjun himself was on the floor with Jisung and Mark had grabbed a blanket, seating himself on the chair that came in a set with the couch. As the movie started, Renjun smiled to himself.

For once, everything seemed right... normal once again.

Jisung woke up to a raised voice coming from his left, another shout following after. Groggily opening his eyes, he noticed he was still sitting on the couch, Chenle lying next to him, fast asleep.

"You're clearly trying to take him away from me!"

Jisung looked over to the kitchen, seeing Jeno's back and Mark's black hair. The couch dipped a bit as someone shuffled next to him. Jisung felt his blanket being ripped away from his body, leaving him cold from the morning weather. Standing up, he quietly made his way to his room to change into something warmer. Stripping himself from the plain white t-shirt, he pulled on a large hoodie and switched his basketball shorts for a pair of sweatpants.