Chapter 7

'Come home as soon as you can Sunshine, it's an emergency" -Jasper xx.

I panicked. Was he hurt? Did something happen to Trey? All of these questions raced through my mind as I sped back to my car, then my house.

I burst through the door frantically searching for anything out of the ordinary. Everything seemed intact so I took a left to my kitchen. It smelled like popcorn had just been cooked. What was the big emergency?

"Jasper?" I called out.

"In here!" He called back. I was really confused now.  Aren't most emergencies bad?

I walked into the living room and see Jasper laying in the couch with a blanket over him. There was a stack of movies flung about the T.V. And the fireplace was lit, leaving a pleasant cozy glow throughout the living room. Finally, in the middle of the table was the bowl of popcorn.

"What's this?" I asked suspiciously.

"Look, Avery I'm really sorry about everything. My wolf has been howling ever since the bar incident. It's painful. I can't let you go. I love you and I can't let you go, Avery. Forgive me?" He asked quietly with sad, sincere eyes. In all honesty Stella, my wolf, has been going absolutely crazy. She's howling in pain ever since yesterday at the bar.

I looked at him with a dumbfounded look on my face. What am I supposed to say? He was my mate for crying out loud! I'll have to forgive him sooner or later, why not sooner? I smiled gratefully at him and walked over to the edge of the couch. Sitting down, I hugged him tightly as my grin grew wider.

"I forgive you, Jasper. And I'm sorry for going off on you without giving you time to explain." I whispered. A look of relief flooded his face.

"Thank you so much Avery! You have no idea how much this means to me! I swear I never kissed her. She fell out of the booth so I caught her," He pulled me into a hug and then continued rambling on. "Then she kissed me! I'd never do anything to hurt you! I swear, I'll protect you with my life." He said into my hair. We laid there for what seemed like forever. We were broken apart my the growling of my stomach. I haven't eaten anything all day!

I laughed and shoveled a handful of popcorn into my mouth.

"Ewe! Is this kettle corn? With salt?" I said grimacing at the horrid taste.

"I'm assuming you don't like kettle corn and salt" He said smiling sheepishly. I giggled at his embarrassment and threw popcorn at him. He caught some n his mouth and slowly chewed it.

"You're right. This is definitely not the best popcorn in the world!" He said with an identical look.

"You know! Kettle corn is much different than popcorn Jas!"

"Well sorry! I'm not a cook," He grumbled like a 2 year old.

"Ugh! It's so dark in here! Why are the curtains closed? WE NEED SUNLIGHT!" I said dramatically reaching for the blinds.

"You're the only sunshine I need," He said with a wink.

"Was that necessary?" I said. He nodded. "You're so cheesy,"

"Only for you!" He said still laughing at his own joke. I got up and pulled up the blinds, soaking up the rays of the sun. It was about 4:00 so we only had 3-4 hours until my lovely rays are gone.

"Close them! THE SUN!" He shouted, covering his eyes from the blinding sunlight. I laughed and thought of something that has been on my mind since.. You know..

"Hey Jas?" I asked seriously.

"Hm?"

"What did you say to Joslyn after I left?" I questioned.