Dorm mates

The end of the day was pretty chaotic as you would imagine.

After Ash and Gary returned back to the dorms around 12, they were greeted by Misty, who still had not gotten over what happened that morning. Gary was frozen a bit after seeing her while walking back into Ash's dorm, but Ash ran to his room and locked it, having Meganium stand guard, holding the door shut. Her facial expressions matched her trainers, of pure terror. While Ash was barricaded in his room, Gary still had the misfortune to be still standing out in the open, which promptly lead Misty giving chase to Gary, as she charged at him. He dodged her assaults, and banged on Ash's door, begging for help that never came. He was soon tripped off his feet, being left to be dragged out of the dorm by his feet by Misty.

As soon as Ash heard the door shut, he returned Meganium, and slumped in a sigh of relief, he then heard a knock on the door.

"Yeah," he panted.

"Uh hey Ash, do you want to talk a bit?" Serena asked, as she opened the door to a sweat soaked Ash, laying on his floor, heavily breathing.

"Yeah, sure, let me actually get up and, get into regular clothing," Ash responded.

"Okay," Serena said, as she closed the door. But the door soon opened again to Ash, wearing a white tank top, and jorts, with three pokeballs attached to the belt, and also wearing flip flops. He also had his phone and wallet on him.

"I was thinking that we would go on a walk, and get lunch?" Ash asked as he left the room.

"How did you change so fast?" Serena asked surprised.

"You get used to it on road, getting changed fast," Ash answered, "so where do you want to go to?"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe just go somewhere random along the way?" Serena said, then just had a thought to herself. Did Ash just ask me out?. And her face turned a faint pink.

"Yeah, that sounds good," Ash said, as he looked back at the sleeping Pikachu on his bed, and Ash closed the door. "So, let's go."

He lead the still ever embarrassed Serena out of the dormatory and out into the street, Serena was very tense, walking with Ash, extremely nervous to talk.

"Hey, I heard this coffee shop that opened like a month ago is really good here, you wanna try it?" Ash broke the tension, as they were about to pass said coffee shop.

"Oh, sure, that sounds nice," Serena said, as the two entered. There wasn't much of a line, like 3 people infront of them, and other people sitting at tables. There was a large menu, stretching across above the cashier, a display case of different baked goods and desserts.

"Get anything you'd like, I'll pay," Ash said, grabbing his wallet.

"Hold up, why would you pay for me, I have my own money to use," Serena said, shocked.

"It's fine, I'll let you on a little secret," Ash said. It was then their turn to go. Ash ordered his large cup of tea, a piece of the chocolate brownie on display, and a bagel with cream cheese. Then Serena ordered, but she didn't know what, as she was overwhelmed with what there was to order.

"Can I get, I large cup of light roasted cofee, with light cream, and a pumpkin loaf, and a ham and cheese croissant," she asked. The total came up to $30.57. But Ash simply pulled out 2 $20s, and paid the cashier, and put the change in the tip jar. While sitting down eating their snacks, they began to talk. "So what was it like after I left when we were, what, 7 I think, and what is your home like anyway?"

"Nothing really spectacular, I live in a small two story, 3 bedroom house, which is as basic as it gets," Ash answered. "What I've been doing is a whole other question itself. Like, what haven't I done in the past couple of years, I could write several books just on the 5 years of my pokemon journey."