1

being one of the 750,000 people in this world without an element is hard.

especially when you want to get into a school that focuses on students that actually have elements.

this school is known as the one and only, yarany academy.

this school accepts all kinds of elements. even the ones that are the most feared. they train these feared elements to become ones that can be used for good.

the acceptance rate for blanks, a person without an element, is severely low. people have dreamed to go there before they were even born. they tend to give up, however, when they find out they're a blank. it's heartbreaking for the parents, the student, and generations to come.

luckily for this group of six friends, they were able to be one of the lucky few to be accepted.

...

"isn't this amazing?! we're going to yarany academy!" one girl exclaimed.

"calm down a little, mina," another said.

"aw, come on, bara. this is yarany academy we're talking about!"

"hey, i didn't say not to celebrate," bara said, and mina's face broke into a smile as they both squealed in happiness.

"you guys seem really happy," a guy spoke.

"come oooon, akaashi. you gotta be more happy than that! we're going to our dream school!" mina remarked. "lighten up a little."

"my bad. it's just that.." akaashi sighed, "i wanted to go to this school as an element user, not a blank."

"we all wanted to go to this school as an element user, 'kay, keiji? it's not every day a blank has this amazing opportunity to go to yarany academy," a second guy added.

"yeah, todo's right! we snagged an amazing chance, let's take it while we can!" bara replied, making a fist in front of the camera.

"our first day starts tomorrow. let's crash for tonight so we can catch the bus on time, yeah?" a third guy spoke.

"dori's right, let's crash tonight," another girl yawned, rubbing her eyes after. "i'm beat anyways."

"i guess you're right. maki, you gonna be able to wake up in time? y'know, since you're not exactly an early bird?" akaashi mocked, maki flipping him off as they both laughed.

"i'll be just fine, keiji. night, guys," maki responded, hanging up as everyone else said their goodbyes.

"well, guess i'll see you losers in the morning. night!" mina said, the other four flipping her off and hanging up.

[duration: 2:39:58]

akaashi set his phone on his wireless charger and flopped back on his pillow. "i guess tomorrow will be a pretty exciting day, even if i'm going to my dream school as a blank." he smiled to the dark room and turned on his side, closing his eyes with a sigh.

...

"keijiiii, hurry up before you're late for the bus!" his mom yelled from downstairs.

"i'm almost ready!" akaashi yelled back, losing his balance while putting on his pants and falling on the bed. "ah fuck." he got back up and quickly put his pants on, grabbing his suitcases and heading downstairs.