I Can Finally Sleep

His gaze never left the horizon. The sun was close to setting and a beautiful vibrant sky filled with pink, orange, yellow, and blue colors rippling throughout the clouds could be seen for miles. The slight breeze felt soft and welcoming as it seemed to gracefully whip around his body. He was content. He was happy. It was done. It was finally over and he could sleep. Finally rest. He had done his part and the world was one step closer to becoming a better, more peaceful world.

Now all that was left was him.

A small smile etched its way onto his face. If you didn't know him you would have never caught it, it was so small, but it was a genuine smile nonetheless. Suddenly disturbing the peace and erasing the smile the door to the roof slammed open behind him followed by a panting boy who at first glance seemed as if he had just ran a marathon. Upon closer look his eyes were filled with a mixture of emotions, pain, fear, worry, sorrow. These emotions further spread into the boy's facial features furrowing his brow, and quivering his jaw. As soon as the boy's eyes met the ones attached to another his age standing on the edge of the roof they seemed to grow wider.

"Why." His voice came out almost as a whisper as if afraid if he spoke any louder the boy would fall.

"You know why." His reply was steady, calm.

Tears uninvitedly left the teens eyes as the response registered in his mind. He knew why he just would not accept it. He couldn't accept it. His body was frozen in distraught. All he wanted to do was grab the man he loved, hold him in his arms and tell him he was proud of him and that he could rest now. He had fought for too long; had been unable to enjoy life as he rightfully should have. He wanted to tell him that he no longer had to protect him; that he and their two other closest friends were finally safe and free. He was free. It didn't have to end like this. He had played the villain for too long. Playing the pawn when he was truly the mastermind. They could be happy together. This wasn't the end, it couldn't be!

"You know I will never be free after everything I have done. Only a handful of people knew my true intentions, knew who I truly was. My plans were a success. The organization is collapsing from the inside out as we speak, as everything those bastards had built rapidly falls through their hands like sand. This is enough for me to be content with this ending."

His sudden words ripped the teen out of his thoughts. His voice was way too calm. It sounded as if he had already accepted everything. BULLSHIT! He could find a way. He could.....he could....shit.

"I am a villain in the public's eyes, and the police still don't know, will never know, that I was their informant."

"Why not! We could tell them! We can show them proof! If they learned you were the informant then, then we can be together and live happily like we always talked about! What about Mia and Haley?! Huh!? What about them?! We're like family! Please!"

"I'm Sorry," was all he could say. Time was running out. He knew he didn't have much time left. If they wanted their last little bit of revenge before everything was destroyed it would be any minute now. He knew them too well. He wasn't going to get away with this unscathed. It was either being caught and sentenced to death, or well, death.

And oh how the universe just loved to prove him right.

A piercing pain shot through his chest as he looked down, eyes once again connected with the man he loves; distraught and horror now evident on his face as opposed to the mix of emotions displayed earlier. A hand was stretched out as if to catch him.

'Oh...I didn't want you to see this part,' he thought.

Gravity welcomed him with open arms as the wind picked up, drowning out any sound that could possibly reach his ears.

'So tired. Can I finally rest?' He could barely keep his eyes open but the last thing he saw was the love of his life hanging over the edge of the roof, his hand still outstretched towards him. He smiled another small genuine smile.

'He's safe. They are all safe. I finally got my revenge. From the moment they killed my parents and forced me to join, was the moment they signed their death certificates.'

After 12 years of working his way to the top most trusted positions within the organization, he finally had enough information and evidence to bring them all crumbling down.

'Mom, Dad. I will see you soon.'

A/N- SOOOOO yeah this is trash buuut whatever. Chapter 2 or well Version 2 will be out soon. Probably tomorrow. Let me know what you think in the comments!