Traditions- Narcissa M (F)

(Reader is a halfblood, AU where Lucius died in Azkaban purely because I'm a Narcissa Stan. This could take place sometime after the second wizarding war or whenever Lucius went to Azkaban first, doesn't matter.)

Today is the first of December, and I couldn't be more excited. I love Christmas holiday. It's just my favourite holiday, nothing compares. The snow, cuddling in front of a fire, spending time with loved ones, all of it is the best.

This will be my first Christmas with Narcissa though. I know this holiday will be different. We've been together for a few months now and I know that she's still healing from her situation with Lucius. We haven't really been close, physically. I just hope that it's because her past relationship wasn't very touch comfortable and not that she just doesn't like to be touched. But mainly, I hope that it's not because she doesn't want to be close with me.

I'm not sure how her past Christmas holiday's have been but I want this year to be as traditional as it can be. I guess you could say that I'm slightly more experienced in the Christmas traditions, being both used to Muggle and Pureblood traditions. My mother didn't really grow up celebrating, but my father would tell me many stories of his Christmas holidays as a child. I especially liked when he'd make his grandmothers mince pie and Christmas pudding.

Narcissa was sitting on the sofa in the living room, reading in front of the fire. I was hanging mistletoe. Well, I had used my magic to levitate it above my head because the doorframe is way too high. I've actually been standing under it for about 10 minutes but I'm not sure if Narcissa has noticed me yet.

I am incredibly nervous and excited. This would be our first kiss, yeah we've been together for a while but I didn't want to push her into anything she wasn't ready for. And this seemed like a cuter idea than just asking.

"Cissa?"

"Yes, dear?" She looked up from her book.

I glanced up to the mistletoe, a smile coming to my face.

"Yes?" She asked again.

"Do you see it?"

"The weed? Yes, I see it." Her eyes briefly went to the plant.

My excitement kind of lessened, "It's not a weed. Well, I don't know what it is technically. But, it's mistletoe."

"What's that?"

"My father hung it up each year for my mother. It's a Muggle Christmas tradition, where- you know what. Uh never mind, it's a stupid idea." I stopped myself, I'll just let our kiss happen when it happens.

I felt silly, trying to explain a Muggle thing to a Pureblood, expecting her to know about it and to be completely okay with it.

I just showed her a small smile and started to turn out. I think I got too excited too fast. I didn't hear Narcissa move off of the sofa.

"Wait!" Narcissa gently grabbed my wrist, turning me back to her. "Tell me about it."

The smile on my face became authentic.

"The tradition is that whenever you hang mistletoe, whoever stands under it you have to kiss. My father said that it's a symbol of love."

A smile came to her face and she looked up at the mistletoe. She looked at it for a second before looking back at me. I wasn't expecting her next action. She brought herself closer to me and closed the space with a kiss. I froze for a split second, not actually processing that we're kissing.

But once it did register, it was bloody amazing. Her lips are so soft and she was so gentle. I had put my hands on her waist when her hand rested on my jaw. I was a little afraid that I may have been too touchy but she didn't move or say anything.

The kiss lasted a little longer, and it was delightful. It was everything I've imagined and more. She pulled away from me and I couldn't stop from admiring her features. She's magnificent.

Narcissa broke the silence, "Why didn't you want to tell me?"

"I did but, I didn't want to force you to do anything that you don't want to. You're not really affectionate so I didn't think you'd want to do it." I shrugged slightly.

"I'm sorry, it's just that I've gotten used to a relationship where the other person practically hated being touched." She grabbed my hands.

"That's alright. I know this isn't easy for you, all of this is new so I'm not upset that you're taking your time. I wouldn't want you to rush anything or do anything you're not ready for, for purely for my sake. You deserve better than that."

She smiled, "Thank you, for understanding."

"Of course." I returned her smile.

Her face shifting into a look of contemplation for a moment.

"Would you like to join me on the sofa?"

"I'd love too."

She kept my hand in hers, guiding me back to the sofa. I sat down first, at a slightly odd angle but it's okay. I motioned for Narcissa to lean on me.

"What are you doing?" She chuckled.

"I want you to lay on me so you can continue with reading your book."

Her smile grew, "Alright."

She picked up her book from the other cushion and made her way closer to me. My back was leaning against the arm of the sofa so I had leverage. She moved to be resting against my lap, and I took this new opportunity.

I started playing with her hair, running my fingers throughout the bicoloured strands.

"Could you read to me?" I asked, still playing with her hair.

She got excited, "Of course! Do you want me to start over or where I left off?"

"You can keep going where you left off."

Since she was practically in my lap, I got to see a bright smile come to her face. I love this. She started mid-sentence, right where she left off. I had no clue what book she was reading or what was happening but I don't mind.

I was finally close and comfortable with Narcissa, and that is a holiday gift that can't be beat.

(Word count: 1,013. Here's a Narcissa Christmas OneShot! I thought this one was cute. I have another Christmas OneShot coming too. I would love to write one about Hanukkah but I know nothing about that holiday and I didn't want to get anything wrong, and I'm not exactly sure when Hanukkah started this year. Merry/Happy Christmas to those who celebrate! If not, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Chanukah, Happy Boxing Day, Happy Yule! [I'm not sure if any of those holidays use happy or merry, I apologize.] or for some, Happy December! 🥰😊 and this was not ran through grammarly, I'm sorry for any errors. I love you guys!)